Hot weather and sweaty bits!!

EmptyPockets
EmptyPockets Posts: 1,905 Forumite
edited 30 June 2010 at 3:38PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
:rotfl: Oh what a lovely thread to start :rotfl:

Sorry gents, but this is a booby question for the ladies :o

Ok, I guess this is something that affects a lot of us women during the summer. As a larger-chested lady (38G) I suffer terribly with sweating under the boobies, and around my bra strap. Although it does not smell, and nobody except me even knows it's there, I find it really gets me down. Just walking around in the hot weather, in no more than five minutes my cleavage and underneath my bra is wringing wet. I get through at least two bras a day, which have to then be washed every day, if I can I'll grab 2-3 showers a day just to freshen up.

Anyone else suffer with this? Anyone have any tips or suggestions for reducing the sweating?

I will sometimes use talcum powder/baby powder under my boobs and down my cleavage area before dressing, as it makes the skin feel dry and gets rid of that 'sticky' tacky feeling, but the problem is that it doesn't work for long, and if I keep using the talc for more than a day, it dries my skin out too much and I end up with sore, cracked skin that is really painful!
"Your life is what your thoughts make it"

"If you can't bite, don't show your teeth!"
:cry: R.i.P our beautiful girl Suki. We'll love and miss you forever :cry:

Comments

• EmptyPockets
    P.S - this thread can be seen as a 'moneysaving' question if any of the replies can save me money on running the shower and washing maching so often! lol.

• KittyPryde
    KittyPryde Posts: 2,623 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2010 at 1:55PM
    Lush make a lovely deo powder called Coconut

You could try that instead of regular talc as it may help for longer and shouldn't make your skin as dry as regular talc as it has some moisturising ingredients in.

There is also products like Perspiguard which actually STOP you sweating altogether for up to 5 days, not sure this is safe for the boobies but they make a much more expensive version called perspigel which is safe for areas such as face etc so will probably be suitable.

PS. There is even products made specifically for this problem like here
    Good luck :D
  • EmptyPockets
    edited 30 June 2010 at 2:18PM
    KittyPryde wrote: »
    Lush make a lovely deo powder called Coconut

You could try that instead of regular talc as it may help for longer and shouldn't make your skin as dry as regular talc as it has some moisturising ingredients in.

There is also products like Perspiguard which actually STOP you sweating altogether for up to 5 days, not sure this is safe for the boobies but they make a much more expensive version called perspigel which is safe for areas such as face etc so will probably be suitable.

PS. There is even products made specifically for this problem like here
    Good luck :D

:eek: Kitty, you're my hero :T

Love the look of the coconut powder and would happily pay for that if it did the job.

Though I had to laugh at the 'Fresh Balls' next to 'fresh Breasts' :D

• belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sorry to be personal :) but do your bras definitely hold everything up and in place? I am an F cup but don't really have this trouble so much because the bra supports my chest and therefore there's no contact between boobs and underneath area if you see what I mean. I do get it a little bit at the gym but that's because I'm sweating everywhere! it might be worth going along to a good shop and getting fitted. Underwire makes a big difference too...

ps it might be worth looking at cotton bras too, some fabrics are not kind!
  • EmptyPockets
    Don't apologise for getting personal... I started it! lol.

I really hate wearing underwired bras because my boobs are so heavy so when I'm sitting down, the wires dig into my ribs and by the end of the day I'm in agony. I know I'm wearing the right size, but because I don't like underwires I mostly wear sports-style bras. I don't have any contact between boobs and underneath, it's just underneath the bra band that I sweat. And, as I said, the cleavage area (God how glam do I sound eh? LOL).

I dread summer because of this :(

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Don't apologise for getting personal... I started it! lol.

I really hate wearing underwired bras because my boobs are so heavy so when I'm sitting down, the wires dig into my ribs and by the end of the day I'm in agony. I know I'm wearing the right size, but because I don't like underwires I mostly wear sports-style bras. I don't have any contact between boobs and underneath, it's just underneath the bra band that I sweat. And, as I said, the cleavage area (God how glam do I sound eh? LOL).

I dread summer because of this :(

Me too, i it makes you feel better. As well as talc (i use the very unglam and sadly expensive Lanacane talc, which is mentholated...) before I use that I sometimes put that L'oreal gel designed to tackle cellulite, or the Benefit equivalent on my skin, I find it really cooling.
  • Katie-Kat-Kins
    Katie-Kat-Kins Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    It really doesn't sound like your bra is fitting correctly if the wires are digging in.

Pop along to bravissimo and get properly fitted, I suspect that when your boobs are lifted and separated properly things might not be quite so bad.

Check the fabrics of your bras too, I like single layer lace in summer as it is cool or a cotton. Anything with a satiny finish, moulded cups or several layers of fabric can be uncomfortable and hot.

You can get sports bras made out of fabrics that are designed to deal with sweat, look for cool max, and for that silver stuff that I can't remember the full name of......
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes if wires digging in wrong size bra which will not help - I am looking for something to help as have pityriasis rosea at mo and heat is aggrevating it under the boobs not good............
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • judyjetson
    judyjetson Posts: 1,116
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was going to suggest either the Lanacane or the Lush Coconut. I bought Coconut for my husband when he developed an allergy to basically any antiperspirant other than Sure, and he was quite surprised at how effective it was.

I'd echo what others have said and go and get measured again, and ask if they can recommend a good non-wired bra that will give you the support you need. It might be the type of bra isn't right for the size of your "assets" - it could be flattening them slightly, so no air can circulate under them, or between them if it's pushing them too close together. Maybe you need something that "lifts and separates" as the old ad used to say.
  • thank god i have 36b boobies! : ) sounds uncomfortable.
    always send a smile as it costs nothing..

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport