Boyfriend's Birthday - Any Ideas?

Options
Hello everyone - I'm looking for your creative ideas here ;)

It's my boyfriend's birthday a week today (he's 31) and I haven't got a clue what to get him :rolleyes: - he's one of these men who if he sees something he wants then he just buys it!!

I can't really afford to give him any money/vouchers. I know there are a couple of DVDs that he wants which I am going to buy from Ebay but is there anything people can think off that wouldn't cost too much?

I was thinking of maybe making him something food wise like some cakes of something. He's a very difficult man to please though (aren't they all! :rotfl: )

Emily xx

Comments

• Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I once made my b/friend a booklet of 10 sexual tokens redeemable at anytime as a birthday present.
    I did it on the computer so it looked nice and "professional" lol.
    I wont go into too many details as to what each token said - but you can use your imagination and go wild!
    He said it was his best birthday present ever...and it didn't cost me a penny :D

Good luck on your pressie hunt.

Bams x.x.x.
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How about a scrapbook of photos of the two of you together?
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    Bambywamby wrote:
    I once made my b/friend a booklet of 10 sexual tokens redeemable at anytime as a birthday present.
    I wont go into too many details as to what each token said - but you can use your imagination and go wild!
    He said it was his best birthday present ever...and it didn't cost me a penny :D

Bams x.x.x.

That sounds like a good idea, I think I will try that - the problem is that he'll probably show it around to all of his mates and hand the vouchers out :rotfl: - I'll have to put that they are only redeemable by him!!
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    Bambywamby wrote:

Bams x.x.x.

OMG! I am defintely going to show this post to wife. I'm sure your boyfriend will be well pleased with this gift! I'd be over the moon! :T
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • carrie78
    Options
    If you have access to a printer you can make them on http://www.fun-vouchers.org.uk/. I used these for a birthday present last year and they went down well.

Thanks
    Carrie
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers Carrie...I like those vouchers. I am printing off a few as we speak. :T
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • GreyPilgrim
    Options
    Well the sexual voucher thing has already been mentioned.

How about a book of bacon sandwich vouchers? you must promise that they are redeemable at any time, day or night. if he wants a bacon sandwich,the presentation of a bacon sandwich voucher will have the grill on and the bread buttered within 20 seconds....
  • Does he like cake? I posted a recipe for chocolate yoghurt cake on the money saving old style boards (see link) which is very yummy

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=237294

My OH has a birthday soon and I'll probably make this for a birthday cake (although I think he might also appreciate the voucher idea too!!:rotfl: :rotfl:)
    You - only you- will have stars that can laugh :rotfl:

:starmod: Debt-free:starmod:

£2 Coin Savers' Club - Christmas due on 25/12/06! £[STRIKE]142.00 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]16/07/06 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£150.00 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]21/07/06[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£158 2/08/06[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£166 28/8/06[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]3/10/06 £198 [/STRIKE]25/10/06 £214 :xmassmile
    DFW Nerd 137:j
    Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • angelsam1984
    Options
    Hi

Does he play computer games or online gaming? You can pick up a set of golden oldie type atari games for around £5 or the greatest game ever (according to my OH) call of duty for around £5 on amazon.

For free cards Make one and/or do a google search for a romantic or sexy poem and write it in the card.

Theres a free wilkinson sword freebie somewhere on this forum :S Can't remember where!

Many happy return to him Tho I am sure he will appreciate whatever you do or give him ;)

Sam
    Debt [STRIKE]01/09/2006 = £10500[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]14/09/06= 9034.43[/STRIKE] 15/09/2006 [STRIKE]£8530[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£7832.32[/STRIKE] 01/01/2007=£4866.40
    Was £15000
    Natwest charges (£1205)Reclaimed in full!!
    Citi Cards charges(Approx £2000)

Debt free Date 01/04/2007
  • melancholly
    Options
    a nice romantic meal cooked by you of all his favourite foods?

i gave my BF a vouchers booklet a couple of years ago (bought from ann summers as i only have a printer at work and that was just a bad idea!) - i had to declare 2 vouchers invalid (and no, i won't go into details ;) !!!), but much as he appreciated them, he's never used them!! i think he's too embarassed!!
    :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport