Regular Payments off a Credit Card Discussion

Comments

• Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've been using 18866 (another part of 1899) for over two years now, and have never had a problem with them (except that they have quadrupled their prices to me).

Since they only charge you for usage, they are unlikely to cause a problem, since, unlike a recurring fixed charge, they cannot 'forget' to cancel your payment. They would have to actually charge you for calls you haven't made.

It seems a shame that 1899/18866 are being focused upon here when no one has had a problem with them (apart from one minor one which was quickly resolved), and yet ISP's and mobile phone companies who cause many serious problems are rarely mentioned.
  • Thanks for your replies.

I am sure 1899/18866 are fine - it is the payment method and security over the internet with credit card number/bank info that concerns me. More good feedback is what I was after as this seems such a fantastic deal to me.
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well, I've already given good feedback once, but that was just for myself.

However, I've recommended 18866 to about 8 people since I discovered it, and none have had a single problem with them.

One person didn't start using them for a year because he thought "there has to be a catch" :)
  • kezbratt
    kezbratt Posts: 492 Forumite
    Hi there. I have been paying the subscripion to this site via Papypal so that there is spending on my 0% life of the balance Barclays card(so I don't get charged interest) which I have now paid off HOORAH!!!! how do I cancel the subscription payment?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I don't know what 'this site' you mean, but the only regular way to cancel subscription is by contacting 'this site' ...
  • kezbratt
    Hi Grumbler,
    I mean that I set up the £1 subscription to MSE when I took up the Barclaycard 0% for life of balance which is 0% each month as long as you spend on the card. Martin set up a facility where you set up a £1 subscription to MSE via Paypal so you were spending on the card each month but only £1. So as I have now paid off the card I need to know how to cancel the subscription.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    kezbratt wrote:
    ...£1 subscription to MSE ....
    In fact you paid £1 to some charity. I think you can find information you need here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1055520227,87913,
  • Well I'm going for it with a Direct Debit so I'll let you know how I get on!
  • kezbratt
    Thanks Grumbler,
    Thats exactly the info I was looking for.
    Just to clarify what I was saying, on my statements the payment is registered as MSE subscription and when I set it up in July 03 50% went to the upkeep of this site and 50% to charity. As I see from the info on this link all went to charity from from May 05 which is great!!! and very little interest to Barclaycard which is even better!!
  • I have been using 1899 since my last post and all is going swimmingly well! There have been no problems and my phone bill has taken a serious dive. I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure