Premium Credit Ltd - who is this?

Options

Comments

• sunworshiper
    Options
    I took out an car warranty in Nov 2005 for 2 years and set up a Direct Debit for 23 months to pay for it via Premium First. After the warranty expired [Nov 2007] premium first continued to take the money from my account!!
    - I knew full well that the warranty had expired yet in spite of this I decided to ask if I could make a claim.....only to be assured the policy had ceased, so I asked why my bank was being syphened. Needless to say, I was bounced to Customer Servies who came out with every excuse in the book [and some] as to why I was not entitled to a refund of the overpayments. So under the direct debit guarentee scheme. I have recoved the 16 unauthorised payments they stole from me, RESULT:D
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done, it would have been interesting to see how many instalments your actually signed for.
  • sunworshiper
    Options
    Thanks, Dacouch.:j I signed for 23 months. The first installment was taken by credit card over the phone.
  • agaveworm
    agaveworm Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ?

:easter:
    Reassuringly expensive
  • full-stop
    full-stop Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I was thinking about paying for my buildings & contents insurance via direct debit. Premium Credit Ltd is the company that would administer the dd.

Can anyone using dd with Premium Credit Ltd confirm whether they (Premium Credit) run any kind of credit check.

Cheers
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a general rule they do not bother on normal sized motor / home premiums, they secure the loan against your policy and will cancel and off set any refund against what you owe them if they default (They will pursue you for any balance and any fees if they do this)
  • full-stop
    full-stop Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks
  • Phlip_corter
    Options
    Just want to say thanks for your information.
    :: Unapproved signature removed by MSE Forum Team ::
  • clarkybravo
    Options
    The AA also use Premium First to collect their insurance and warranty premiums from customers
  • blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    Options
    nice thread resurection!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business