Argh! UKPC Ticket in Merry hill!

Hello all!

Just returned from an expensive shopping trip at merry hill, only to return to a PCN slapped on the front windscreen!

This was for parking in a disabled bay, which is not very clearly marked. I didnt realise it was a disabled bay as it didnt have the big yellow zig zags either side, and the next bay to the left of me wasnt disabled - so I thought my bay wasnt disabled due to the bays width, and having no yellow zig zag lines on the left hand side like the rest do!

The ticket says " Parking attendant had reasonable cause to believe that the following contravention of the parking regulations had occured: Parked in a disabled persons space without clearly displaying a valid disabled persons badge". Therefore a parking charge of £70.00 is payable within 28 days. A reduced charge of £35.00 is payable if payment is recieved within 14 days beginning with the date of this notice.

I did take a picture of my car parked in the said space, and the markings are pretty poor! I have been reading that these kind of tickets are not enforcable.

What do you think I should do, as I am in two minds whether to just pay the reduced amount!

I have had some sound advice from another forum, but thought I would see what you guys think?

Thanks!

Matt

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide