We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Friday 25th June - What small DFW things have you done today?!

13

Comments

  • Beencounting
    Beencounting Posts: 952 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone

    Well done Triangle, great results!

    Happy days for all those with new freezers or are defrosting fridges, you know how to live :D !

    Here's my list for today:
    • Check bank & update spreadsheet
    • Surveys – done 5p lol
    • HM lunch to work - done
    • LSD – need toothpaste - done
    • Dinner from stores – something with chicken
    • Return DDs dress that was too small and get a refund - done
    • HC later tonight ready to line dry tomorrow
    • Find 10 things to put on ebay over the coming week
    • Watch a film tonight so that I can post it back to LF
    Going to a wedding tomorrow, so will need some cash for that. Will need to keep it to a minimum though as it's not payday til next week. Should be a lovely day, especially as the weather's so good :).

    Been
    Full LBM 26 Sept 11
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi everyone :wave:

    So lovely to read this thread! Great to see what everyone's up to. I too am v jealous about the new freezer. I can't wait to get a garage with a chest freezer and lots of space!! One day. Have been having a major stress with OH recently :o Getting myself down about living in this poky flat and how we need to sell it and get somewhere suitable for both of us (I bought it when I was single and OH moved in). I know it isn't his fault that we're still here (I'm a bit too scared to get it valued etc for fear of how much the negative equity might be and how much it'll cost to sell etc) but it really is the one thing that gets me down when I think about it :( Anyway, I digress... We'll get there one day...

    Today I
    Paid lots of bits and bobs off - Total debt is now £2.5k :T
    Updated my diary
    Enjoyed a free cuppa
    Got 2 brooches in the sale
    Got a card for £1
    Bought cheap shoes after looking at ones in 'spensive shoe shop
    Going to make dinner from stuff we've got in
    And will remember to turn the water off!

    Been, I'm at a wedding tomorrow too - wouldn't it be weird if it was the same one!?!

    Happy sunny evening all.

    Catch up over the weekend or on Monday

    xxx
  • Hi everyone :wave:

    So lovely to read this thread! Great to see what everyone's up to. I too am v jealous about the new freezer. I can't wait to get a garage with a chest freezer and lots of space!! One day. Have been having a major stress with OH recently :o Getting myself down about living in this poky flat and how we need to sell it and get somewhere suitable for both of us (I bought it when I was single and OH moved in). I know it isn't his fault that we're still here (I'm a bit too scared to get it valued etc for fear of how much the negative equity might be and how much it'll cost to sell etc) but it really is the one thing that gets me down when I think about it :( Anyway, I digress... We'll get there one day...

    Today I
    Paid lots of bits and bobs off - Total debt is now £2.5k :T
    Updated my diary
    Enjoyed a free cuppa
    Got 2 brooches in the sale
    Got a card for £1
    Bought cheap shoes after looking at ones in 'spensive shoe shop
    Going to make dinner from stuff we've got in
    And will remember to turn the water off!

    Been, I'm at a wedding tomorrow too - wouldn't it be weird if it was the same one!?!

    Happy sunny evening all.

    Catch up over the weekend or on Monday

    xxx

    Ah La E! So sorry you (and others) are feeling rotton/low today. You know it ebbs and flows (today I'm counting down the days until my next payday (25 :o) and I clear my od - tomorrow I'l be down about how long I've been living like a pauper!) Stay strong.

    Excellent news re new debt figures :j:j:j
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2026: £25.70
    Grocery spend challenge Feb £285.11/£250
    GC annual £389.25/£2700
    Eating out budget: £ 48.87/£300
    Extra cash earned 2026: £185
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Ah La E! So sorry you (and others) are feeling rotton/low today. You know it ebbs and flows (today I'm counting down the days until my next payday (25 :o) and I clear my od - tomorrow I'l be down about how long I've been living like a pauper!) Stay strong.

    Excellent news re new debt figures :j:j:j

    Uh cheers DNMS, you're so right - it's an up and down kinda journey. Sometimes I'm really positive about it all and see how far I've come and then other times it all just gets on top of me. Planning on a lovely weekend with family so I'm sure that'll take my mind off everything. Going to a wedding in Scotland and my train goes over the Forth Rail Bridge - I'm quite excited about that! :) It is the small things after all. :)

    Hope your shift wasn't too bad...did you get finished early? xx
  • Lurleene
    Lurleene Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Hi everyone -
    I have been off work today so have had fun doing lots of grotty jobs like polishing scratches off the loo bowl from when it was unblocked, and clearing our drains. Oh, the glamour. :o

    DFW-wise today I:
    1) Have had a NSD - first in ages.
    2) Checked banking, quidco, did SC etc
    3) Took T to Adventure Wonderland after school using our season tickets. Took own drinks and snacks for a free outing.
    4) Lots of washing drying in the sunshine
    5) All meals from stores, and I was thrilled to find some cider in our garage so I have already cracked one open :D.
    6) Applied for some free hair dye to trial. Very timely as I have noticed a few greys coming through now - sob.
    7) Refilled my soap dispensers with bargain bubble bath and replenished the bathrooms with supplies from my huuuuuge stash.
    8) Reclaimed £7.20 from B that she 'borrowed' from me last week in Legoland gift shop. She is like the Queen when it comes to carrying cash, and getting it back off her can be very hard!

    Really looking forward to tomorrow as there is a huge carnival and free festival just down the road. One of our friends will be performing there so we are meeting up with our friends for cheap fun in the sun.

    Have a lovely weekend, especially the ones who have weddings to go to. What fabulous weather to get married in! Or fill your freezer, even!
    L x
  • Lurleene
    Lurleene Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Bagpuss741 wrote: »
    8. Have a relaxing day reading my Doctor who mag in the sun:D:o

    /QUOTE]

    Oooh, Bagpuss - how excited are you about tomorrow? What a cliffhanger last week, eh?
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi All

    It's Friday:j:j
    • Small list today as DM came over so much of the day was spent with her. Had puncture on car, but ended up with 4 new tyres (knew they were close but tyre place wouldn't do them before as they still had some wear in them) paid for by fleet services but should help fuel economy (pay private petrol myself)
    • DD in re-usables
    • 3 loads of washing on low and line dried
    • Me S shop using vouchers and self scan so I can keep track
    • Small shop in Mackro - some great value goods that were on my list
    • DM treated me to lunch
    • Tea from stores
      • Research holidays for July or Sept can't quite decide what is best. Think it may come down to money and be Sept! Although not sure I want to wait that long!;)
    • update grocery budget after spends

    Have a great Friday everyone x
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Checked onepoll - all good
    Checked OP - another 100 points
    Checked quidco - bloody pay me already
    Banking - not going NEAR it
    Do shred - done
    Do jogging - done
    Read in the park - done, there was a cockatiel
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.

  • Hope your shift wasn't too bad...did you get finished early? xx

    works work, totally uninspiring and not using my intellect but hey ho it pays the debt! Seeing as I'm the manager it would be poor show if I left early :rotfl:

    OH and I plan to emigrate (well for me he will be returning home) to Brasil in 2-3 years so that has sweetened the monotony of working :rotfl:very frightening tho :eek: plan to do a "teafl" course and onviously learn the lingo
    Lurleene wrote: »
    Hi everyone -
    6) Applied for some free hair dye to trial. Very timely as I have noticed a few greys coming through now - sob.

    I was OUTRAGED a few months ago when I found my first full length fully gray hair :eek:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2026: £25.70
    Grocery spend challenge Feb £285.11/£250
    GC annual £389.25/£2700
    Eating out budget: £ 48.87/£300
    Extra cash earned 2026: £185
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,957 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    [QUOTE
    I was OUTRAGED a few months ago when I found my first full length fully gray hair :eek:[/QUOTE]


    I had this happen so long ago I can't remember :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    You get over it - and get the bottle out :D

    Thank god it is friday :T:T

    I have:

    had a nightmare day at work, and been told that reduction in staff is inevitable :eek:

    Still, I am on leave for a week, and refuse to spoil it by worrying about it.

    Not NSD - got DD to get wine on way home from work :o

    Seen to animals and plants

    HM meals

    Going away for the weekend :T:T so must get packed tomorrow morning:T

    Have to come back for a dentists appointment on Tuesday though :eek:

    And then the delight of the tax self assessment thingies :eek::eek:

    I know how to live :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.