We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Friday 25th June - What small DFW things have you done today?!

24

Comments

  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Morning all!
    Another sunny day in Manchester and its Friday:j:j
    Well done Triangle! Milly don't make any panic decisions yet - wait until you feel a bit better and less pressured by the whole thing .
    And I too would be excited by a new freezer - but I guess it is a bit sad!

    Last day of the week at "school" today - I also have two free lessons so a nice finish to the week.
    I found a web site that works out exactly how much you should get as take home pay last night (as a teacher) and so now know what I'm getting paid for this 4 week stint (its a bit better than I thought) and exactly what will be going into the bank on a monthly basis from Sept. Not fabulous but not quite as bad as I thought - so quite a good find!

    Today's list....
    • Brought lunch to work
    • "Borrowed" £1 from OH for pop
    • Drove sensibly (I'm in no rush to get here!) to conserve petrol
    • All food from stores
    • Walk dog for free exercise
    • OH off work today and meeting friends to watch obscure football later so may join them for a free drink and give them a lift home this evening
    • Try to work out new budget for July (no wages, not getting paid until Aug) minimising spending savings as far as possible
    • Collect library books (emails have just arrived telling me they are in) - went a bit bonkers and ordered 4 but they came in earlier than I thought they would and will have to be renewed before my hols in 2 weeks time (hurrah!). It'll save me buying books to take with me.
    • Phone mum with free minutes
    • Plan a few lessons for next week (have 2 days at new school on induction so only 3 days of torture here next week!)
    That's it for today so far - will check back later and update and have a nosey at everyone else!
    That's all
    January grocery spending - £82.73/ £120
  • loveparis
    loveparis Posts: 5 Forumite
    Not a great start today....I was a little lazy and unprepared - slept in late - so not done as well so far today as I could have done...drove into work instead of getting up in time for the free bus and only brought in snacks for work because I didn't make sandwiches but will focus on the good stuff that I have done!!! (also going out drinking tonight so will be spending money but haven't been out for about 2 weeks so am going to not worry and enjoy it!!!!)

    Okay so far today...

    - Not withdrawn any cash (so far, lol!)
    - Brought in snacks for work and have tinned soup on my desk so shouldn't need to buy any lunch
    - Checked internet banking
    - Checked on here

    And last night, I applied for a Tesco loan to consolidate my loan and credit card....I don't know whether I'll be accepted as my circumstances have changed and my outgoings look quite high right now....I also know that consolidation isn't always the best way to go but at the moment, it will be so much easier for me to just have one lower payment to make so I can cut up the credit card and then just focus on paying off (and cancelling!) the overdraft and then just living within my means and knowing exactly what my outgoings are - fingers crossed I'm accepted - will know next week :D
    Debt as of 24.06.2010
    Car Loan: £3,700 (33 months remaining)
    Credit Card: £2,200
    Overdraft: £700
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    I forgot to add to my list the most exciting thing to be done today - defrosting the fridge!
    Life in the fast lane - who'd have thought that at 38 I would be doing this on a Friday night!!:rotfl::rotfl:
    January grocery spending - £82.73/ £120
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Well guys I was up @ 4am :eek: then went back to bed @ 6 for a few hours...didn't dare start the thread after not being able to delete my wee one yesterday...

    Today is simple....veg as much as possible - HW can wait till tomorrow....:T

    - ECDL @ 11am
    - Lunch
    - Council for Ins and wool shop for wool
    - ?Bike shop to get bike tweaked and like donate food parcel/elec items not gone on freecycle
    - Potter....(kitchen and coffee table)..:D
    - More research on daily clicks

    Blessings

    E
    PS. Guys can someone pm the link for the daily scratchcard? So long as it's free :D
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
    :dance:
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,188 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone

    Well, pregnancy seems to be going ok so far - am now 8 and a half weeks and the bean seems to be hanging on in there, not counting my chickens (ooh, that's a weird metaphor in this case!) until I've had my scan though. Not got a date booked yet but am seeing the midwife for my booking in appt a week on Monday so will hopefully know more then.

    Things for today:

    Daily scratches - 10 10

    Checked banking - £10 refund from Sky Bet has cleared so put into house account

    Going to Bristol later to see folks so will nip out at lunch and get some food for the train to avoid hiked prices for sandwiches. Would have made our own but we were out last night and stayed in a Travelodge (£9!) so haven't been home.

    Off to the zoo tomorrow with family so will print out some 2 for 1 National Rail vouchers for cheap entry. Also take some 50% off Pizza Express vouchers for afterwards. Yum :)


    Not too much else today, had to buy breakfast but it was only £1.49 from Wetherspoons including an orange juice so that's not too bad, and I have lunch with me from yesterday already.

    Have lovely days everyone x
  • picasso2
    picasso2 Posts: 900 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Hi folks, just popping in briefly. Off to work soon, panicking a bit as I have to go yo a meeting at a place I don't ike driving to and then I have to go to work a route I don't know. I panic dreadfully if I get lost :(

    Am feeling a bit down as I have a hospital appointment next week that coud go one of two ways and may mean I am stuck in this job for some time :(

    Small list for today :
    • check banks - been paid :T
    • meals from stores
    • drive carefuly to conserve petrol
    • work hard:A
    Working all weekend , don't mind this particularly and it keeps my mind off things as dd is at her dads.
    When it rains look for Rainbows
    When its Dark look for Stars
  • rachelmk wrote: »
    I forgot to add to my list the most exciting thing to be done today - defrosting the fridge!
    Life in the fast lane - who'd have thought that at 38 I would be doing this on a Friday night!!:rotfl::rotfl:

    "maturity" comes to us all rachel (& milly I think the freezer is WELL exciting and I am simmering with envy) :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2026: £25.70
    Grocery spend challenge Feb £285.11/£250
    GC annual £389.25/£2700
    Eating out budget: £ 48.87/£300
    Extra cash earned 2026: £185
  • Erme wrote: »

    E
    PS. Guys can someone pm the link for the daily scratchcard? So long as it's free :D

    Erme theres a whole thread on either debtfreewannabe board or else the up your income board, search for it. Be productive while vegging! ;)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2026: £25.70
    Grocery spend challenge Feb £285.11/£250
    GC annual £389.25/£2700
    Eating out budget: £ 48.87/£300
    Extra cash earned 2026: £185
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,291 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Today I have/will:

    1. Checked online banking
    2. NSD
    3. Update spreadsheets and sig
    4. Store cupboard meals
    5. Free scratchcard
    6. Received nail and cuticle oil to test for Boots:j
    7. Walk dog locally
    8. Have a relaxing day reading my Doctor who mag in the sun:D:o

    Congrats on your course results Triangle:T
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Milly - i too would be excited about a new freezer!! Definite wait until you are feeling a bit brighter before worrying about uni work. Big huqs from me too xx

    T - Well done on the results :j:j:j:j

    Well OH had a suprise for me. We are REALLY into formula one. He has been talking to one of the teams over the phone helping them with televison issues or something and as he was so helpful they have offered him a free tour of their factory next friday!!!!!!! Won't be definitely confirmed until Monday. So fingers crossed! Not a fave team of mine but just sooo great to be able to visit a formula one factory!!

    Had today off as DD1 had her first assembly at the new school! She spoke really clearly and confidently :D Then we have the summer fete after school (so not an NSD) and i am helping on the mask decorating stall between 4-4.30. My uncle is a poilceman and he is in the stocks and i can pay to throw wet sponges at him!!!!! How excited am i!!!!! Photo opportunity!!

    today

    lunch from stores
    washing in the sun
    find more ebay items!
    scratchies!
    check banking
    print of budget
    post SOA to main forum.
    file paperwork
    kitchen drawers - sort

    Thats me :D:D:D:D:D
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb


This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.