MSE News: The hidden Budget benefits cut at £25,000

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

Comments

• runmichellerun
    Options
    Here we go with the backlash on the budget. I personally think it was very well thought out, and they're doing what they have to in order to sort out the mess we're in.

It really is quite simple. If you can't afford a child then don't have one. Stop relying on the government to give you money all the time and then, maybe, the rest of the country can get back on its feet.

It's not like we need any more in the way of population in this world anyway.
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    Here we go with the backlash on the budget. I personally think it was very well thought out, and they're doing what they have to in order to sort out the mess we're in.

It really is quite simple. If you can't afford a child then don't have one. Stop relying on the government to give you money all the time and then, maybe, the rest of the country can get back on its feet.

I suspect people could afford children at the time due to the income they were receiving also if you both work full time prior to having children what is wrong with wanting to stay at home to help raise the child? You pay enough tax whilst youve been working so why not get some rewards
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • Deepmistrust
    Deepmistrust Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    Options

Why do you think that those that didn't create this mess, should be the ones to suffer the most in sorting it out?

And why do you think that procreation of a species should be dependant on salary, and why do you think only wealthy people should be able to have children?
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lazy breeder couples who manage sixteen hours of work between them are still being completely supported by this obscene coalition. But still their lobbyists whinge? Un
    believable.
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why do you think that those that didn't create this mess, should be the ones to suffer the most in sorting it out?

Ha ha ha. Hee hee. ?!? Ha. <cough> ha ha ha. ho ho . rotfl. <snort>

<scratches head, genuinely puzzled>
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Watch out, you know only nazi's think people should pay for there own children.

I warn you all now that you will not win against Deepmistrust because he is right about everything and everybody else is wrong.

Have fun.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • pault123
    pault123 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    to be fair people on £50k and relying on tax credits has needed banning for a long time. Even £40k a year is ample to bring up a kid and cover a pretty good standard of living!
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 June 2010 at 2:34PM
    Options
    So - all these poor families who CHOSE to have children will have to survive on a EIGHTY FIVE pounds per year less than they would have done up to now ?
    Is this NEWS ?
    Maybe I am being synical - but why should someone earning £25,000 get a penny in so called Tax Credits - let alone someone on £40,000 ?
    They chose to have children and should look after them - and I feel that childless couples should get tax credits for NOT costing the government so much (no schooling etc)
    What do you think of that proposal ?
  • Deepmistrust
    Options
    Percy1983 wrote: »
    Watch out, you know only nazi's think people should pay for there own children.

I warn you all now that you will not win against Deepmistrust because he is right about everything and everybody else is wrong.

Have fun.

Tut tut, you still haven't figured out why your idea to sterilise low-income people validates a comparison between yourself and the Nazis?

Come on, surely you did history at school.
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
  • Deepmistrust
    Options
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    So - all these poor families who CHOSE to have children will have to survive on a few hundred pounds per year less than they would have done up to now ?
    Maybe I am being synical - but why should someone earning £25,000 get a penny in so called Tax Credits - let alone someone on £40,000 ?
    They chose to have children and should look after them - and I feel that childless couples should get tax credits for NOT costing the government so much (no schooling etc)
    What do you think of that proposal ?

But childless couples are contributing nothing to the future of this country. They provide no next generation to pay for your pension, or or work in the professions that you need. So should we pay them to have lavish pointless lifestyles, whilst children of low-income familes could maybe polish their shoes or clean their chimneys or something?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure