PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Offer accepted - vendor won't take off market

Options

Comments

• Running_Horse
    Running_Horse Posts: 11,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why are you delaying booking the survey?

We booked ours the next day, instead of moaning on the Internet about it.
    Been away for a while.
  • FTBFun
    FTBFun Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    Options
    I'm aiming to book it through the bank whom I have the mortgage with, however I need a solicitor in place first, which should be done tomorrow morning.

There's no need to be quite so rude.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FTBFun wrote: »
    I'm aiming to book it through the bank whom I have the mortgage with, however I need a solicitor in place first, which should be done tomorrow morning.

There's no need to be quite so rude.

I am afraid you will have to get used to that on here, but most people are really nice.
  • Running_Horse
    Running_Horse Posts: 11,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you think I'm rude, just wait until you have dealt with estate agents, solicitors, and vendors for several months. I hope you get where you are going, but please toughen up, for your own sake.
    Been away for a while.
  • FTBFun
    FTBFun Posts: 4,273 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Good luck with your house purchase, hope it all goes well for you(It can be a nightmare but not always!!!!)If you need any advice there are lots of people who will try and help on here.
  • cratoria
    cratoria Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I would just like to second that!
    After several months of trying to buy my frst house I have eventually been given the 'exchange of contracts' date whish has been set for Friday (I am a FTB) and thanks to the majority of people on these forums willing to give there time to write replies I have stuck with it (was very close to withdrawing)
    So this is to all those who have helped and contributed over the last few months :T

Additionally FTBFun enjoy the experience best you can as it is not everyday that you buy your first house and this experience will stay with you forever

Good Luck and any questions ASK!
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you think I'm rude, just wait until you have dealt with estate agents, solicitors, and vendors for several months. I hope you get where you are going, but please toughen up, for your own sake.

You obviously live in an eye for an eye world!
  • RX-78
    RX-78 Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    This will not mean a thing.We paid a £500 non-refundable deposit and had it in writing that the property would be taken off the market and the EA came up with another offer just as we were about to exchange contracts.

I think legaly it may be of questionable significance. But if you do end up having a dispute, having something in writing always helps and it wont cost you much to write a letter.

On the other hand if they did agree to your terms but continued to violate those terms you probably have a good case to sue for the costs? We'll have to wait for one of our legal experts to come along.....
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    RX-78 wrote: »
    I think legaly it may be of questionable significance. But if you do end up having a dispute, having something in writing always helps and it wont cost you much to write a letter.

On the other hand if they did agree to your terms but continued to violate those terms you probably have a good case to sue for the costs? We'll have to wait for one of our legal experts to come along.....

No they were their terms that we accepted and our solicitor told us there was nothing we could do about it.Our solicitor also advised us that the vendor could have pulled out of the contract even after exchange and if the other interested party made them a high enough offer then it might have been worthwhile for them to do so.If it hadnt been for the brilliant solicitior we had and the vendor solicitior working together we might well have had this happen to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport