Money Moral Dilemma: She injured my dog - should she pay?

Options

Comments

• sarah_85
    sarah_85 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, she should pay, no question. In fact, she should already have offered.
  • janbanan
    janbanan Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I'm yet again amazed by how many people deny responsibility of their own actions.
  • sarah_85
    sarah_85 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    It also occurs to me that this 'friend' could have done everyone a favour by staying in the bathroom for a while, instead of rushing to and fro.
  • wasp2bumble
    Options
    Hi
    I work in accounts for a vet,try PDSA,RSPCA,Blue Cross,Tailwaggers,(you just need to prove you are on benifits) could also try Dogs Trust emergency fund.Most vets know sometimes life changes & sometime your bill is too much pay in one go,ask them they might let you pay in installments,worth a try!
    Hope you dog is better now:j
  • vexpez
    vexpez Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    She's your friend, it was an accident, even if she wasn't your friend, if it was me there's no way I would ask her to pay. Carry on like this and we'll all start thinking the way of daytime TV adverts "where there's blame there's a claim". What happened to us amiable British ? ..........Americanism :beer: stay friends instead.
  • EmehEm2005
    EmehEm2005 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    It's your choice between suing your recently food-poisoned friend suffering from diarrhoea and/or being sick ten times in a row or visiting a Credit Union for a loan to pay for your dog's vet bills.
    Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to p*** us off.
  • LauraLou0884
    Options
    If you are on a low income or receive benefits you can go to the PDSA vet. They will treat your dog for free and ask you to make any contribution you can. You may have to provide evidence of your income or benefits you receive.

You can check if you are eligible on their website. It will also give you information on your nearest centre.

:D
  • AmandaDB
    AmandaDB Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to know why the dog was in the bathroom in the first place??!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Agree- no you shouldn't ask her to pay it back. It was an accident and if anything, the place you and she ate at should be offering something back (after they have paid the trading standards/whatever group keeps them in check have fined them...).

But if I were really badly hit with the costs, I'd ask if I could borrow it from her and see if she offers to put in anything out of her own pocket as a favor, if I had injured a friends animal I'd offer to pay and I'm sure my friends would too. Its the normal sort of thing that the other person says something like "oh no, thats fine don't worry about it" but if I were really struggling I may just take up the offer!
  • crawfordphoto
    Options
    Just a quick question. Who paid for the meal?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure