fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are on the mend soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Options
    The lurgy has now all gone, thank goodness:jBoss lady asked me to work Tuesday (my normal day off) so this weeks money is back to usual:j.
    Have won a half price haircut at the best salon in town and having checked out the price £13.50 for total restyle,wash and blowdry I am having that done tommorrow providing the snow doesn't prevent me going. Worked it out it was good MSE thinking to have a really decent cut that will last ages than a cheap trim.
    Going also to have a look again at charity shops see if I can spot anything worth getting.

No further with the de-cluttering this week.
    Making quiches shortly before going off with BIL for our annual agrigultural show - an afternoon of freezing whilst looking at tractors:eek:he always buys me afternoon tea afterwards so some sacrifices have to be made.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Made it back to my diary again, life keeps getting in the way!

The annual agricultural show was very cold, but came home with a beautiful rough cut wooden toadstool for the garden. Needs a little smoothing down and a preservative applied but that's it. All for free:jsimilar size at the garden centre are about £50. It was a demonstartion peice for chainsaws.

Financial:
    Still a bit tight but improving due to earing extra money- £20 for doing BIL's cleaning and £25 for puppy sitting. Big babysitting this week also so a few more pennies for the pot.

Health and Wellbeing:
    Lurgy all gone and now OH has had it hopeful that it's left our house.
    Teeth sorted for 6 months.

House:
    Slowly winning on the decluttering front. conservatory,our bedroom both done and starting on living room. Have started to plan colour scheme for living room decorating/new carpet etc after works done(still no date)

Garden:
    Started rough plan for front garden but looking at that it's going to cost me a fortune, am working out how to do this in stages and thus spread the cost.
    Greenhouse plants still ok and seedlings beginging to peep through:j
    Creative:
    The first four block are now done on the quilt:jand 1 peg bag made, 1 more to do for BIL. A friend suggested I sell them seems a good idea but not sure how to go about it.

Right off to do more of weekly housework blitz and then lunch.
    Haircut done.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off and weekly housework blitz done!

Need to do monthly plans this week, ironing, freezer inventory and reclaiming my garden after the winds of the weekend.

Financial:

Less tight than it was, but still a little squeeky. Improving slowly with babysitting(tonight) and maybe an extra morning at work on Thursday. :j
    House:
    Gone back to decluttering and have redone our bedroom and removed another 1/2 bag of rubbish,recycling and 2 carrier bags for charity shop.
    Outstanding jobs in there now is to restain our floor -hasn't been done for about 18 years:eek: and stick down a couple of bits of wallpaper.

Garden:
    Back garden coming along slowly but need to reclaim it after the winds.
    Chillis,cherry tomatoes, sweetpeas and red eye pheasant(flowers) all pricked out and in greenhouse.
    Carrotts and dwarf beans planted in greenhouse in growing bag.

Health and Wellbeing:
    OK on that front. Nerve pain in leg still bothering me at night but will keep an eye on that.

Knowledge and Learning:
    Still reading different books and have just enrolled for basic maths starting in May. A massive frog for me as I hate maths.

Creative:
    2nd peg bag cut out just need to sew it now.

Different/fun things:
    Had son home a week or so ago for weekend and had family film night.
    Had neice home this weekend and just chatted and drunk wine all weekend:j
    Of to film night at local pub on Thursday with a friend.

Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off again, the weeks are just flying by:eek:
    Financial:
    Slowly improving. Worked an extra 2 1/2 hours last week, still to be paid for that. Have decided that any extra money I earn/get am going to put half into debt savings account. 1/4 into savings and 1/4 spends. Feel that way I'll benefit all round.

House:
    Got bedroom decluttered completely and got the floor restained:jwhat I thought was going to be a small job turned into an all weekend job. Last coat of varnish went on 1st thing this morning so that's all done now.
    Have moved onto de-cluttering the spare room/dumping ground.
    So far have found missing pillows, 8 photo frames for charity shop, neices evening dresses(there going across the road to her own room), an unused wireless keyboard and old sewing machine - will take photos shortly and try to get them sold.

Garden:
    Seedlings progressing and pond filling as I type -must do it before hosepipe ban comes into effect.

Health and Wellbeing:
    OK on that front:jhave made Doctors appointment for Thursday regarding nerve pain.

Knowledge and Learning:
    Reading a different book again and finding out now all about early dective work. Also studying an interiors book for inspiration on the house revamp.

Fun:
    Loved the film experience with friend, will be doing that again soon. Out tonight to visit an elderly friend and then out tommorrow for an 18 year olds birthday.

This week still need to do freezer inventory, remainder of monthly paperwork and some housework:eek:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Couple of weeks have flown by since I last posted on my diary:eek:but no disasters just life getting in the way.

Financial:
    Slowly improving and this month managed to squirrel away £6 in change and raised £21 from sales of clutter.:j
    House:
    Bedrooms and bathroom now totally de-cluttered and odd jobs done. Next job but I think that's going to be next week is hall,landing and stairs. The improvement is very liberating and has even got OH doing it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Garden:
    Coming on great guns. Seedlings doing well in greenhouse and propogartor. Pond relined, tree seriously pruned(long over due) and need to get some hedging for that side of garden. Hopefully, will find that this weekend at a reasonable price.

Health and Wellbeing:
    Finally got to the bottom of odd symptoms - a very underactive thyroid. A week of the correct medication and the symptoms are beginning to abate. Still a way to go but am now on the right tracks.

Creative:
    Been doing lots of baking and have brought the breadmaker out of moth balls and having amazing results. Just shows what decent flour does.
    Got a peg bag to make and still doing the quilt.

Knowledge and Learning:
    Still reading loads of different things and the latest was about square foot gardening. Such a simple idea for a small space, don't know why I hadn't researched it before.
    Am also doing mood boards for future decorating plans.

Fun:
    Having fun with family and OH. Going away for long weekend to my brothers for Easter and looking forward to that.
    SIL and I having a girlie evening with my neice on Friday and retail therapy on Saturday (early birthday money).

That's it for now, will resolve to post more again.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off again and weekly housework blitz done except for the mopping and ironing.
    Had a lovely Easter with my brother but spent too much money and not updated spending diary yet:eek:
    Financial: Back on tight budget and even tighter lack of funds at present. Not good but not as bad as in the [past - freezer and cupboards full and phone bill paid. I am aimimg to try to budget a bit tighter so that I can save my monthly phone installment so have it when bill due. Just need to do more tweeking of budget.

House:
    Order restored after being neglected for 2 weeks. Feel much better when the house is tidy. Need to continue with on going de-clutter- landing and stairs the next job, hopeful of doing that this weekend.

Garden:
    The wildlife(Badger I think) is digging up my bulbs and last night dug up all my sprouting salad leaves:eek:guess I can't have it both ways but annoying all the same.

Health and Wellbeing:
    Thyroid wibble again at the weekend but have upped medication as of today so hopeful that improvement will restart.

Creative:
    Collecting samples of things for future kitchen update and living room decorating. All the bits are very similar and just confirm what my taste is (country/shabby chic).
    Going to make my peg bag this afternoon.

Knowledge and Learning:
    Not done anything on this front but still reading.

Fun:
    Been buzy having lots of fun and family time:jand off to see a film at local pub on Thursday with a friend.
    Had a lovely birthday and got spoilt, don't need to buy any clothes did that with birthday money, toiletries got lots as gifts and also OS books so they should encourage me with this frugal lark.

Lunchtime at last.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds like you have everything under control....Well Done!! :beer:

Actually you've inspired me to really look at my Budget and Work out what is MANAGEABLE rather than the unrealistic Budget that I usually have!! So I have you to Thank for that...:money:
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Thanks Helen, Glad to see you back will pop over to your diary later.
    It's very hard to have a realistic budget but am slowly learning that realistic is the only way.
    Doesn't help the frustration though:mad:
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    £30 extra earnt this morning:j1st morning of BIL's spring cleaning. How much mess can 1 man make on his own:eek:

Film night tonight with friend as a belated birthday treat:jBack to the grindstone.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills