I want to go to sleep and not wake up

Options

Comments

• QueenB.
    QueenB. Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :grouphug:

It is time to take 10 minutes for yourself, just to get a bit of energy back into you, do something you enjoy and get some fresh air, though in this weather remember to take a brolly;)

I have felt like you are for the last few years off and on and the last few weeks have been quite dark for me, like you say its the summer hols and routine is out and social interractions are limited but soon that will all change so hang in there.

You have been doing so well and against many odds so take a second to smile and think of those acheivements and take the strength from that to face the next lot of obsticles.

We are all here for you when you need us.:)
    Success means having to worry about every thing in the world......EXCEPT MONEY. Johnny Cash

Cross stitch Cafe member 81.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there BH,

hope you're feeling better after all these lovely people send their good wishes and hugs. Paying off so much debt so quickly shows how strong and focussed you've been. And, as you said, you haven't added to your debt at all, just had a break.

Well I bet loads of us on here wish we could say we'd had the break without slipping up like that!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sending you some hugs too xxx
    November NSD's - 7
  • cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Your post struck a chord with me. I hope you feel better when you wake up. read all the friendly messages on here. JUST FOR YOU......
    You may feel lonely, but you are not alone. I will certainly be thinking about you and if i could i'd pass a hug through my broadband connection.

Keep strong x
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • mrs_mug_2
    mrs_mug_2 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better today.

You have done so well. It is frustrating when things slow you down but I bet that if this had been last year or the year before you would have come in to September with more debt than you had at the beginning of the holiday. So you have acheived far more than you realise. There are always going to be things in the way of our dreams. That is what makes the journey exciting. And if it was all easy, you wouldn't be here, providing inspiriation to us newbies.
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Thank you all, it feels a lot better knowing I'm not alone. My situation won't change although hopefully the debt will go. Some days are just harder than others. I should really talk to the carers support groups but don't want people to think I can't cope.
    I've read all your posts and went from smiling to crying, everyone was so kind. Martins done an amazing job with this site, I wonder if he or anyone else knows how many people's lives have been made better. Just facing up to their situation and finding support.
    I'm off to the park now. Hugs.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• scaredwitless_3
    Options
    Glad to hear from you this morning! I've only been posting on the site for a day but it is plain to see that everyone here cares so much & whilst it might not seem a big thing it really does help. I am so impressed that you've managed to pay off £3000 so far this year - it's fantastic.

Talk to the carers support group - they helped my mum when my dad was still alive. I know what you mean about not wanting anyone to know that you can't cope though - it's that whole failure thing isn't it? It's not a failure though - there is nothing wrong in asking for help.

Take care of yourself :A
    :cry:
    debt £55342 aug 2006!!!!!!!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BH

Do your local carers support group do things like massage? local ones here do. And for free ( and you know what Martin would say to you if you turned down a freebie :rotfl: )

Love
    lynz
    xxx
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Sallys_Savings
    Options
    Thank you all, it feels a lot better knowing I'm not alone. My situation won't change although hopefully the debt will go. Some days are just harder than others. I should really talk to the carers support groups but don't want people to think I can't cope.
    I've read all your posts and went from smiling to crying, everyone was so kind. Martins done an amazing job with this site, I wonder if he or anyone else knows how many people's lives have been made better. Just facing up to their situation and finding support.
    I'm off to the park now. Hugs.
    Good morning Broken Hearted,

Firstly..*big super duper hug*...because you deserve it....because you're YOU

Secondly.. Yes Martins done a fantastic job with this web site (square of applause :) ).......BUT (sorry Martin ;) ) ..its the people like yourself on these forums that post that put the topping on the cream cake so to speak (sorry Martin for calling you a sponge cake lol).

Firstly.....(sorry thirdly just doesnt sound right ;) ) Talk to the carers support group.....that is what they're for...:) CARERS SUPPORT!!!!!! :) They wont think any worse of you...we all need a little help from time to time. hhmm I do know where you are coming from because you're worried that they'll feel you can't cope..because a few years ago thats how I would of thought. EVERYONE needs a little boost in life no matter even if they're superwoman/man.

PLEASE..PLEASE..DONT LET THIS DEBT RULE YOUR LIFE !!!!
    It wont go away overnight, so please dont make the time that you're paying it off miserable...it really just isnt worth it.

Good Luck and have a lovely day today :)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to send you a big hug.

You have done really well and things will get better eventually.

Please be kind to yourself - nice shower or bath, shampoo, duvet day if you can do it. Whatever would give you some kind of break.

Would love to send you virtual chockie.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business