I want to go to sleep and not wake up

Options
Sorry didn't know what else to do so I posted here. I would never do anything to myself, I just don't want to be here anymore.
Everything seems to go wrong and its a constant fight. I'm tired/broke/lonely. I don't feel like doing anything today, havn't even brushed my hair as it seems too much effort. All I've done is cry and shake. Doesn't help that crapquest have decided to start a phone campaign. I don't want to go out or stay in, I don't want to watch tv. I want to tidy but everytime I go to start I just stop again. I can't think straight my tummy hurts and I feel sick.
Sorry again.
Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

Comments

• tw1nklestar
    Options
    huge hugs to u broken hearted - please dont feel so down on urself - it is ok to wallow once in awhile - have a soak in the bath to wind down - put on some loud music and dance round like a nutter - i do that and i dont know y but it raises my spirits :T
    olympic challenge starting 7/1/07:j
  • poppycracker
    poppycracker Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brokenhearted don't feel sorry for posting here, that's what the board is for. There are lots of people who might be able to help you if you post some details, they're all lovely!

It's a horrible feeling owing money, especially when people are hassling you on the phone. I'm afraid I can't give you any practical advice, but one thing I have learnt since I started coming on here, is that you can refuse to deal with creditors on the phone, you can write to them and insist that they communicate with you by letter. Then, any time they ring, you can tell them to write to you. But remember that you can't give them what you haven't got.

I know it's hard but take some time to have a shower, brush your hair and go out for a walk, even if it's only round the block. That will focus your mind and should make you feel a bit better (it always helps me).

Main thing is not to be so hard on yourself. Everyone has bad days when they don't feel like getting out of bed.

Lots of (((((hugs)))) from Scotland
    DFW Nerd no 239.....Last Personal Debt paid off Nov 2012!
    Donated 50 pints so far.... gold badge got 17/11/13! Blood Group O+
    mummy to 3 cats, 2 budgies and a cockatiel
  • cmorlife
    cmorlife Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    my advice to you, from experience.... Get to doctors, sounds like your a bit depressed. Get signed off sick, get some mates round, get out of the house, Go for a walk, look at ways you could make things better for your self, i know easier said than done when you feel like this, but i was depressed a couple of years back, hated job (overworked & underpaid), my family all live miles away, had no money even tho i was working 3 jobs, in bad relationship, never had time off to see the few friends that i had, even if i did have time off no money to go out. Then the cat got run over, That was it for me, called in sick and went to the doctors where i promptly burst into tears, tad embarrasing but needs must, i was antidepressants for 1 month, off sick for 2 wks, never went back to one of my jobs, it was just too much. Then kicked boyf out, money situation went from bad to worse. I eventually moved towns!!! bit extreme, but now i have new house, new man, new job & finances are getting easier. and were all here if you want to moan, you just need to step back from it all for a while, have you got any friends or family you can spend time with?
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know who your phone provider is, but if it's BT they have a thing called 'choose to refuse'. The first month is free, and you can then cancel (I found a month was long enough). Tell them you've been getting silent calls, and they'll give you a code. When you get a call from someone unwelcome, you put the phone down, then pick it up immediately and dial the code. That caller is then blocked.

And I'm sure these few days at the end of August are inexplicably depressing.

It will soon be September, and you will feel better.

Thinking of you.....tired/broke/lonely is a lot to bear. It will get better.
  • debbycatz
    debbycatz Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    Really sorry you are feeling so low Broken hearted. I don't know your 'story' as such but it sounds like you are very down in the dumps.

I know it's easier said than done, but can you try to write stuff down that's bothering you and try to tackle each problem one at a time.

Even tho' you don't feel like doing it, brushing your hair and putting a bit of make up on can help you feel a little better. If you get to feel a little better, then you might be able to tackle another small thing, achieving that small thing can lead onto you feeling up tackling the next thing and slowly but surely you might be able to rise out of the doldrums.

Wish I could help more but hopefully this too will pass, as some wise person once said and it is always true.

Take care
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh brokenhearted Im so sorry to hear you feel the way you do. Just like Lynz as well. Someone said that that this time of the year is the most depressing and I think its true. You are another one who gives invaluable advice to people and always tries to help. Youve been doing amazingly well with your debt repayment. Its hard and I know that you have hard personal circumstances and we cant do anything to change that for you but I would like to say you are much appreciated on this site, you are a valued member of this community. I knowyou are feeling really rotten and lonely but please try to chill out a little, have a cup of tea or hot chocolate, something nice to eat and put your feet up. Or just tryto chat on here and forget your troubles for a bit. Sorry if im not much help but Im sure loads of others will also send you lots of hugs and reassurance. BTW, you sound as if you are depressed. Have you seen your doctor lately? Anyway, heres wishing you a better evening and hoping you will be able to find some comfort from your friends on this site.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to you, you seem to be having a really rough time. I think it's going round today, there are quite a few posts along these lines at the moment. I hope you wont think I'm being too nosey, but have you been feeling like this for quite a while, or is it just a bad day? Have you had a chat to your doctor about how you are feeling? I went through a bad patch recently and put off going to the doctors for far too long thinking that they would just pump me full of chemicals that would make me feel like a robot, but surprisingly they didn't. My doctor was very sympathetic and understanding, and discussed lots of practical ways to help, and coping strategies for when I started to feel low. It really helped me.

Just from reading your post, I can tell how down you are but can also see a bit of fighting spirit peeking through (Crapquest lol). Do you need your phone on? If not, just switch the ringer off for a bit, and have a well deserved break. If the tidying seems too daunting, what about just putting 5 things away. Just 5 things, then have a break. Then if you feel up to it in another hour, put another 5 things away.

Tackle one thing at a time, ignore the big picture for the time being and just tackle what you can. Take care xxx
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • tattooed_lady
    tattooed_lady Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi BH, sending you big ((hugs)).
    Know we can't say much to help you feel better but rest assured that this horrible feeling you have will pass. Is there anything that doesn't cost much or is free, that you can look forward to? Do you have any friends/family nearby that you could visit for a cuppa and a chat? Anything to take your mind off how you are feeling. Sitting at home on your own is probably the worst thing to do, even though that's what you feel like doing. If all else fails, do you have a funny dvd you could watch? When I'm feeling down I sometimes put on my Peter Kay dvd and it makes me laugh.
    Take care, let us know how you are feeling later xx
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • oldrimes
    oldrimes Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    When you feel like that - it can be useful to only look as far ahead as you feel you can deal with. Adjust your horizon to what you feel you can cope with.

Sometimes getting through the first 5 minutes means you can probably get through the next 5 minutes, and before long thats an hour. Look at what you've coped with, and use the strength of coping (however tearfully) to help you cope with the next period.

If you can't face tomorrow - don't have such a long horizon, deal with the next hour / 5 mins / etc.

best wishes.
  • saubryn
    saubryn Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    From your sig it sounds like you're doing very well. Ignore the people giving you hassle, and just be proud of what you've done so far. You are getting your life under control. Its hard work, it can be stressful, but you are doing it. Be proud of that, and stay focused :)
    DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
    Status as of 30/11/12
    [strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
    Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure