Update! Santander First Home Saver Account: 5% on up to 50k savings (up to 35 only)

Options

Comments

• beefturnmail
    Options
    Thanks. So long as they can't use it to get out of paying the 5% interest, that's all I'm worried about!
  • sajets
    sajets Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey

Has anyone tried opening a first home saver with both santander and alliance and leicester? I have a current account with both and am wondering if I could also have two first home savers.

thanks
  • mcbean2011
    mcbean2011 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    recieved my 1st quaterly statement today, its all good
    House Deposit Savings = £3220:T

Aiming for £5000 by Christmas.:beer:
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    sajets wrote: »
    Hey

Has anyone tried opening a first home saver with both santander and alliance and leicester? I have a current account with both and am wondering if I could also have two first home savers.

thanks

There is no such thing as Alliance and Leicester any more ... they are now part of Santander.
  • costaerer
    costaerer Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    do they do a credit check to open this account?
  • rb10
    Options
    costaerer wrote: »
    do they do a credit check to open this account?

Nope......................
  • Ronaldo_VII
    Options
    mcbean2011 wrote: »
    recieved my 1st quaterly statement today, its all good
    Me too, no account closure :cool:

Anyone know if the interest is paid 12 months annually after opening the account or at the end of each financial year?
  • **woody123**
    Options
    Me too, no account closure :cool:

Anyone know if the interest is paid 12 months annually after opening the account or at the end of each financial year?

"Interest is calculated on the daily balance of the account, and is paid annually on the anniversary of account opening."

The above was taken from the Santander website..
  • **woody123**
    Options
    When closing the account it states on the website that you need 2 forms of I.D and the Validation Checklist you were given when opening the account.

I've just checked through the papers that i was given when opening the account and can't find the validation Checklist. Will this be a problem when closing the account?
  • rb10
    Options
    I've just checked through the papers that i was given when opening the account and can't find the validation Checklist. Will this be a problem when closing the account?

I was not given a validation checklist either.

If they haven't given me one, then obviously I can't provide it when I close the account.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport