🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sky dish broken

Options
2»

Comments

• lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    "Surely you have a ladder a screwdriver and a spanner"

Not everyone possesses a ladder. I know my neighbours don't as they come and borrow mine!
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    Its not just been knocked off alignment,the receiver is hanging off the dish by just the wire

Time to go and see the little !!!!!! Dad then
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Its not just been knocked off alignment,the receiver is hanging off the dish by just the wire

They've knocked the LNB off.Depending on the age & condition of the dish,you may need a new one.Certainly on some upgrade jobs I done,the LNB was so tight on the arm,replacing the dish was the only way.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Options

You could be lucky. Before shelling out any money you should try to slip the LNB back into it's collar, posibly loosening the screw if necessary, remember to tighten afterwards.
  • Bruciebonus
    Bruciebonus Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    They've knocked the LNB off.Depending on the age & condition of the dish,you may need a new one.Certainly on some upgrade jobs I done,the LNB was so tight on the arm,replacing the dish was the only way.
    Its only a few months old
    If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.
  • Bruciebonus
    Options
    scotsbob wrote: »
    You could be lucky. Before shelling out any money you should try to slip the LNB back into it's collar, posibly loosening the screw if necessary, remember to tighten afterwards.
    cheers mate ill try that tomorrow
    If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.
  • Bruciebonus
    Options
    All sorted.....there coming on friday to fix it free of charge cos its still under their 12 months warranty....and for some strange reason the lad I spoke to on the phone said he didnt have an option to just fix the dish on his computer so he had to put it in as a re-siting so looks like I could get it moved away from those meddling kids aswell...result!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport