PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi
    I'm declaring for June at £167.50 and am jolly well going to do better next month. Could you please put me down for £150 for July? I've got DS's birthday and the start of the school holidays, but I CAN and WILL do it!
    Thanks!
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
  • kimmee
    kimmee Posts: 680
    First Post
    Forumite
    I'm afraid I completely fell off the wagon in spectacular style in June - don't know if was because DS1 is back from uni (and eating me out of house and home :rotfl:) or because I've got so much going on lately but I haven't kept track at all, all I know is that it must have been way over £300 :mad:

I'm going away in 2 weeks time so not going to set a target for July but will get back on the wagon again in August :)

See you all then :wave: - and good luck to everyone for July
  • Spiggle
    Spiggle Posts: 1,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Well Hello!

We've had a load of things going on so I haven't been on here since the 24th, the longest I think since we started. The amazing thing is that until today we haven't spent anything on groceries since the 23rd. :j So really very pleased as we have achieved our NSD total and more. :D And still tomorrow to go when I don't think we'll be spending but I'll wait until the day is over. ;)

Mind you a good thing we haven't spent on groceries as we have a mass of bills all of a sudden. Took my car to get brake discs changed on Friday (had budgeted the £160 it would cost) only to be told that a brake caliper was leaking which would add another £158 to the cost. :eek: So got my car back today but £318 lighter in the bank. We're awaiting OH dental bill which is likely to be around £125 and my brother came to stay at the weekend and brought us tobacco which is an unbudgeted £200! So just under £650 gone (in a little more than 60 seconds) but my, my the bank account has taken a hit! That's a major part of my salary spent already and it doesn't go in until tomorrow. :(

We have been using up store cupboard things and have had lots of pasta, rice and I actually persuaded OH to make me pancakes even though it wasn't Shrove Tuesday! :cool:

Oh sorry I'm rambling. :o Makes my head hurt to look at the totals together.

Must think about how much we're under budget as it will make it easier.

I'm away with work tomorrow and won't get back until Thursday so I may not post until then or even Friday depending on what time I get in. We're unlikely to go above our current total but the way the last week has gone I'm not counting my total 'til the month is over.

Congratulations to everyone for their achievements this month. :T And thank you to all for the support, ideas, plans, hugs and generally being there. :A

Right I'm off to log my July budget on the new thread, then eat and I'll speak to you in a couple of days when I post my final total on here and update any July spends on that thread.

Take care all,
    Spigs

p.s. I forgot to say I'm so glad your daughter is ok Moniker.
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Damn have got a little bit over - serves me right for not writing a shopping list and shopping when hungry. Having said which I am enjoying the strawberries and cream!
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • Sarabelle
    Sarabelle Posts: 5 Forumite
    HM bread is fab, also we made pizza dough at the weekend - best and cheapest pizz ever! Converts we are!! :-) xx
    ** Novice budget queen ** Inspired by all you guys on MSE - thanks! Roll on the savings!!:j:beer:

Savings - £1500 / CC - £2500 :(
    Weekly food budget - goal £60pw/£240pm
    May 2010 - Nightmare spend!:mad: / June 2010 - last 3 weeks - £60, £60, £70 - :A! July 2010 - watch this space!
  • Sarabelle
    Sarabelle Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hiya, this is such a useful forum! Will you be kicking off July's forum? xx
    ** Novice budget queen ** Inspired by all you guys on MSE - thanks! Roll on the savings!!:j:beer:

Savings - £1500 / CC - £2500 :(
    Weekly food budget - goal £60pw/£240pm
    May 2010 - Nightmare spend!:mad: / June 2010 - last 3 weeks - £60, £60, £70 - :A! July 2010 - watch this space!
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,615
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sarabelle wrote: »
    Hiya, this is such a useful forum! Will you be kicking off July's forum? xx
    The thread for July is up and running - here
    Cheryl
  • Hi all
    Just posting my final spend of June. Spent £40 in last week as had some unexpected guests at weekend which has put me over budget by £28 for month! I was doing really well up till then...... Anyway I think that shows that I can stick to budget if really careful but there is not enough slack in my budget if anything unexpected happens.

Anyway please put me down for £160 again for July - going to really try and make it this month.

Good luck everyone
    Dee
  • bumpybecky
    bumpybecky Posts: 440 Forumite
    my final spend is £ 363.92, just under my budget of £ 400 :)

but DH has been in America for a week, so one less mouth to feed has helped! I'm on for £375 next month as I'll have one daughter away for a week at the end of the month :)
  • tracey12_2
    tracey12_2 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Just added up all the totals for June and I am £38.56 over. I am quite pleased with that as only first month of doing the grocery challenge and at the beginning of the month was unsure whether to do a large party for my dd2 on 23 June.

Declaring for June £388.56.

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills