June 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 28

New Post Advanced Search

June 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 May 2010 at 2:23AM in Old Style MoneySaving
908 replies 77.2K views

Replies

• prophecy_grrlprophecy_grrl Forumite
    670 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Hi I know I'm late joining but would like to sign up for the June GC please - am aiming for £180 in June.

Thanks

p_grrl x
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • Doom_and_GloomDoom_and_Gloom Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    £16.96 spent leaving us with £33.04.
    Spent another £6.25 meaning we have £26.79 left. As that equates (sp?) to around one week we should be fine as that's around the time we have left of this month not at my parents. We shouldn't need to buy anything else before we go *fingers crossed*.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • edited 6 June 2010 at 8:28AM
    kunekunekunekune Forumite
    1.9K posts
    edited 6 June 2010 at 8:28AM
    I use polenta to make cornbread - very nice with chilli. Lots of recipes on the internet.

Thanks for the pate idea - the other possibility that occurred to me was to defrost the beef mince as well and make a batch of bolognese to freeze, and use the rest of the livers for that day's tea. If I hadn't used up all the polenta, it would be nice with some spicy cajun-style chicken livers!
    Mortgage started on 22.5.09 : £129,600
    Overpayments to date: £3000
    June grocery challenge: 400/600
  • edited 6 June 2010 at 1:43PM
    pepsi-kinspepsi-kins Forumite
    94 posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    edited 6 June 2010 at 1:43PM
    Hi. just to update, my month started on the 1st and so far I have spent £63.34, quite pleased with that, as usually I have spent more than double that by now. I have meal planned and have everything I need for the next week or more. Is it just me, or is doing the shopping like the Krypton Factor, by the time I've worked out which weight is the best value, which brand is the best deal, BOGOF, even the square area on the loo roll (this could be overkill, lol) makes my wee brain hurt.
    2019 G/C £3072.39
    Vouchers: £352.61

2020 G/C £1892.07
    Vouchers:£151.00/Ipsos £10
  • Lindy_-_LooLindy_-_Loo Forumite
    800 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    having a bad day so when I popped into town this morning I ended up spending £7.56 in netto and I only went in for a cabbage! that included a box of choc fingers, 12 baker boys cakes, 5 tubes smarties and a 5 pack of aero - I shouldnt be near chocolate when I'm having a bad day!

Spent £1 in farmfoods on bread
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • welshkazwelshkaz Forumite
    288 posts
    spent £6.39 in the coop on bits and pieces and diet coke i so wish i could give it up but slimming world without diet coke would be unbearable but on the up side grabbed a few bargains and walked away from the whoopsies to save me throwing them away...
    may groc challenge £167/£280...
  • purplevamppurplevamp Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    DH has just come back from Mr S with the weeks shopping (again I didn't make a proper list :o), but he only managed to spend £52.99

We had a £5 off a £50 spend but when he went to use it the cashier said it was for online only, but everyone had been making that mistake. :mad:

I'm also including £1.98 I spent in the 99p Store yesterday on carpet cleaner and Parazone (the only one I find that cleans my loo well, better than bleach). I'm not including the other £15 I spent on sweets and girly bags for my DD's party in 2 weeks. :D
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £116,016.38 Dec 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £195 (2019 ~ £370)
    Surveys ~ £163.18 (2019 ~ £284.69)
    PTC, etc ~ $64.00 ~ (2019 ~ $189.25)

“I Love You" "I Know"
  • freakyogrefreakyogre Forumite
    1.5K posts
    86p on milk! I was wanting the toilet rolls that are on offer at Coop, but they had run out, so I may pop back next week.

I may have to put my total up a bit this month - I am due to have an operation on the 21st and will be unable to drive/walk for a while, so want to stock up on a few bits to make sure I don't run out during that time. May get some powdered milk (yuk!) as a backup.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Hi everyone,

havent been on in a few days but sig is updated as best i can, dh keeps popping in for stuff and i dont always get the receipts.

I have been going shopping for the weeks meals once a week at weekend for the last few weeks but havent bothered this week as i have stuff in the fridge that needs using and want to just use some freezer bits this week.

As that is the plan, i have been very organised (strict?) and have been on internet banking, all the bills have come out apart from car insurance dd which should come out in next couple of days, so all i have left in my account is the money for that and £60 for groceries, i have shifted the small amount leftover to savings. My WTC should go in next Monday, and that will again be organised between budgets and hopefully some more can go into savings.

Im over 50% of my way to my target savings amount by the end of the year:T but unfortunately had to dip in to buy a laptop as ours died last week, it lived for four and a half years so cant complain, i just got the same make and it was also the cheapest so hey ho!

So thats it really. Have a big slowcooker pot of spag bol cooking, that should do today and tommorow, and later im going to have a think about the meal plan for the week. Im determined to buy as little as possible now im stocked up. Want to get that freezer down and save as much money as possible this month while still on sick leave, to keep us going.

Have a good week everyone
  • wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Afternoon all :) eleven pounds spent today but that did include part of a baby present I am making. Hope to get my niece a really nice present for little money so looking around for bargains! Will update sig in a mo!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79