rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2010 at 6:46PM
    Options
    . .
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    rapido wrote: »
    If you want more people to meet my lovely Alsatian, then sure, come hither, the more the merrier.

-rapido

Why would you have a guard dog?......they are only guarding possessions, and you place no value on them so I dont' see the point;)
  • Essex123
    Essex123 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe not, but to the chambermaid who took the £200 toiletries bag (if she really did take it and it wasn't just innocently put in the bin), I say "go girl! go girl!".

I can just imagine her getting home, opening the bag (probably the size of a cupboard unless they are all branded e.g. "Chanel", "Ralph Lauren" etc) and keeping a few items for herself, and selling the rest amongst her friends at great discount. Everyone's a winner except the person who spent £200 on toiletries, but if you can afford it, you can also afford to lose it. Especially if you leave it idly lying around a hotel room.

-rapido

What an awful attitude.

My reply to that is "go girl!" to the lady trading as a garden centre which never paid your company over £1000 for plants you sold her! (Ref http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2213239)

I guess if you can turnover £30k a year, £1k is nothing and the lady who didn't pay you at least is happy with a pretty garden (and was able to make a bit selling the plants at a discount to her friends lol).
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is your holiday at least 6 months? More like 6 days surely! How does the cleanser come? In a bottle? Just decant a sufficient amount in a tiny travel container. You save space and weight, and less risk someone will nick an anonymous little bottle. If you really have to take branded expensive stuff, then surely lock them in your suitcase, out of sight and less likely to be nicked! Or is this not common sense?
    You're being silly now, of course the holiday isn't 6 months. My point was that because my cleanser costs more to begin with doesn't mean that I spend much more in the first place.. therefore you needn't be so horrified/disgusted/whatever.

I would decant into travel containers, but only to lessen the weight in the suitcase - I shouldn't have to do it to prevent theft!

Nor should I have to buy products that I don't normally use, therefore don't know if I actually like and may end up wasting money there! JUST to prevent theft! Can't you see how insane that is?
  • rapido
    rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2010 at 6:46PM
    Options
    . .
  • poet123
    Options
    Essex123 wrote: »
    What an awful attitude.

My reply to that is "go girl!" to the lady trading as a garden centre which never paid your company over £1000 for plants you sold her! (Ref http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2213239)

I guess if you can turnover £30k a year, £1k is nothing and the lady who didn't pay you at least is happy with a pretty garden (and was able to make a bit selling the plants at a discount to her friends lol).

I do hope you never recovered the money, and that the lady has a lovely garden which the deveopers can use to help sell their properties, what more could you wish for but to make others happy? :D

Karma, don't you love it?
  • freyasmum
    Options
    Turnover £30k a year, with a profit of £0k last year after stock, sundries, rent, bills, paying staff, etc.

Oh yes, and of course my £6k wage. Won't be wasting any of that on a £200 toiletries bag, "lol".

And the lady who didn't pay me? Her land is worth £500,000 to £1,000,000. I think it probably already has a pretty garden at that rate.

-rapido
    She took your stuff without paying.

The cleaner took our cosmetics without paying, and without our knowledge.

If you wanna say "go girl", go right ahead. Personally, I don't think either of them deserve it.
  • poet123
    Options
    freyasmum wrote: »
    She took your stuff without paying.

The cleaner took our cosmetics without paying, and without our knowledge.

If you wanna say "go girl", go right ahead. Personally, I don't think either of them deserve it.

Neither do I;) but it would be more than a bit hypocritical for the poster to begrudge a thief his/her own property when he/she is so cavalier with the property of other people.
  • Essex123
    Essex123 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2010 at 8:55PM
    Options
    My point is that the principal is the same.

You (rightly) don't like it that someone has not paid for £1000 worth of plants, but you seem to think its Ok for someone to pinch £200 of someone elses property?

Talk about double standards.

At the end of the day it seems you are jealous of people financially better off, and see no problem with those you deem as poorer taking actions to correct the inbalance themselves against the interests of those deemed richer.
  • freyasmum
    Options
    poet123 wrote: »
    Neither do I;) but it would be more than a bit hypocritical for the poster to begrudge a thief his/her own property when he/she is so cavalier with the property of other people.
    Ohh, I agree totally with you, Poet :D

p.s. Rapido, editing 5 month old posts just so it doesn't look like you agree with us is amusing :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure