We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

50% off Meteor Meet & Greet Airport Parking

Options

Comments

• Foxtbh
    Foxtbh Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    These things always bring home how expensive using a car for an airport run is. I'd prefer to drive but for my trip in September I am looking at £70 for return fuel from Plymouth to Heathrow + £58 for 16 days parking with these guys = £128.

By contrast, booked 2 months in advance a First Class Return by train is £45 with £10 each way for Heathrow Express right into the Terminal = £65.
  • Innys
    Innys Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2010 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Foxtbh wrote: »
    These things always bring home how expensive using a car for an airport run is. I'd prefer to drive but for my trip in September I am looking at £70 for return fuel from Plymouth to Heathrow + £58 for 16 days parking with these guys = £128.

By contrast, booked 2 months in advance a First Class Return by train is £45 with £10 each way for Heathrow Express right into the Terminal = £65.

True - but I suspect the prices you have quoted by train are per person. Whenever there is more than two people travelling, the car is, invariably, streets ahead, at least in terms of cost.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting this just got a brilliant quote for 20 days in August from Manchestr. We fly from Term 2 please can anyone tell me whereabouts they collect and drop off your car.
    Also is it possible to change car registration numbers (we have a large car and a small car and not sure which we will be taking)
    The first posting says to book by Monday 17th - being a bit simple does that mean we can get this offer and the last day is tomorrow, or do we have to book today?
    Thank you so much. Also a big thank you to Murphy the Cat for posting this.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting this just got a brilliant quote for 20 days in August from Manchestr. We fly from Term 2 please can anyone tell me whereabouts they collect and drop off your car.
    Also is it possible to change car registration numbers (we have a large car and a small car and not sure which we will be taking)
    The first posting says to book by Monday 17th - being a bit simple does that mean we can get this offer and the last day is tomorrow, or do we have to book today?
    Thank you so much. Also a big thank you to Murphy the Cat for posting this.

Hello Katies Mum
    If it helps at all, on the Meteor website it says that you need to book by the 18th May, then you'll get the discount - the original offer came to my works email address and I'm currently unable to retrieve it for you.

I've not flown from T2 at Manchester before, but I think that you'll leave/collect your car from the passenger drop off point - where the carpark links to departures..

BTW, the drivers will also help you load/unload your car ;)
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Thanks Murphy, on the website you get 30% so going to go with the brilliant discount code you quoted. It works out at £39.75 for 20 nightsin August. sorry for all the questions but have always used a taxi transfer before (£80+) and I suppose its fear of the unknown!!
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Sorry me again, we are due to land at 8.45am what time shall I put for collection, was thinking about 9.30am.

Also if the flight is a few hours late landing, do they charge you extra?

Thanks
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Murphy the Top Cat

Thanks, just saved £40+ through this offer £50 for 2 weeks at Gatwick, really good value, thanks for taking the time to post, much appreciated
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Sorry me again, we are due to land at 8.45am what time shall I put for collection, was thinking about 9.30am.

Also if the flight is a few hours late landing, do they charge you extra?

Thanks

Here you go katies mum :beer:

Meteor meet and Greet FAQs
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Hi, many thanks Murphy. I couldn`t find those Q & A must have been doing something wrong!! I have booked thank you so much £39.75 for 20 nights its a brilliant saving.

Thank you so much for your help and for the original posting.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok just to answer my own question and confirm Murphy the Cats reply, when you actually book they send you an email which has a phone number to call about 15 mins before you arrive at the airport going out. On the way back they say they monitor arrivals but also suggest you call the number once through customs and state about 10 mins to deliver the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure