50% off Meteor Meet & Greet Airport Parking

Options
Murphy_The_Cat
Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 11 May 2010 at 8:53PM in Flights, currency & car hire
Meet & Greet are currently offering 50% off their (IMO) excellant parking services, and is valid for bookings in 2010.

You need to book on their website by Monday 17th May and insert 'new50' into the promotional code box.

Comments

• Wirral_Girl
    Wirral_Girl Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much.
    I have just booked Meteor for my holiday in July, flying from Manchester airport, 8 days meet and greet parking....£21.25...what a bargain!!

Kim
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks OP, we've just booked for Birmingham for 15 days in August for £56.75 - what a result :T
  • mimihoo
    mimihoo Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 16 May 2010 at 12:47PM
    Options
    A big thank you from me too. Fab find.
    I've booked 7 days (August) Manchester £20.00. Bargain.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    Options
    When booking this how accurate do your arrival times have to be? We are planning to arrive at Gatwick at about 6 a.m. but could be half an hour either side. The booking site has 5 minute slots but don't want the driver to be hanging around waiting for us or equally dont want to have to wait around in a lay-by untill our booked time. I'm sure this must happen a lot, traffic jams or over estimated journey times, so what is the best thing to do? Thanks.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    When booking this how accurate do your arrival times have to be? We are planning to arrive at Gatwick at about 6 a.m. but could be half an hour either side. The booking site has 5 minute slots but don't want the driver to be hanging around waiting for us or equally dont want to have to wait around in a lay-by untill our booked time. I'm sure this must happen a lot, traffic jams or over estimated journey times, so what is the best thing to do? Thanks.

AFAIK, this is how it works.
    The Meteor people follow the flight arrivals board so they have a good idea when you are going to arrive. Once you have collected your bags & cleared Customs, you give them a call and within a very few minutes, your car is ready for you **

** This is how it works at Manchester ;). Your car is waiting for you, with the Meteor driver, by the Drop Off and Collection area, by T1/T3.
  • pompeyrich
    Options
    AFAIK, this is how it works.
    The Meteor people follow the flight arrivals board so they have a good idea when you are going to arrive. Once you have collected your bags & cleared Customs, you give them a call and within a very few minutes, your car is ready for you **

** This is how it works at Manchester ;). Your car is waiting for you, with the Meteor driver, by the Drop Off and Collection area, by T1/T3.

Thanks I was talking about arriving at the Airport on the way out, dropping the car off.

I have booked "normal" airport parking and best guess my arrival time at the car park, never usually get there at the time I book and I guess this doesn't really matter. However with "Meet and greet" I am guessing there will be a person there waiting to take my car and if I get there early he/she won't be there and if late he will have been hanging around.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    Thanks I was talking about arriving at the Airport on the way out, dropping the car off.

I have booked "normal" airport parking and best guess my arrival time at the car park, never usually get there at the time I book and I guess this doesn't really matter. However with "Meet and greet" I am guessing there will be a person there waiting to take my car and if I get there early he/she won't be there and if late he will have been hanging around.

Gotcha :D

When I book with them I give them my estimated time of arrival, and they then ask you to give them a confirming phonecall, when you are aprox 15 minutes away :beer:
  • pompeyrich
    Options
    Gotcha :D

When I book with them I give them my estimated time of arrival, and they then ask you to give them a confirming phonecall, when you are aprox 15 minutes away :beer:

Thanks Murphy, for the answer and sharing the offer. Going to give them a go, £43 for 8 days from Gatwick. Best price so far was with APH £37 but they are a fair way out and at least 20 mins transfer. Thanks again :beer:
  • Innys
    Innys Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    Options
    Meet & Greet are currently offering 50% off their (IMO) excellant parking services, and is valid for bookings in 2010.

You need to book on their website by Monday 17th May and insert 'new50' into the promotional code box.

Dun it - booked 15 nights in late August at H'row T3 for £53 odd. Marginally cheaper than a taxi for me but more convenient and (I hope) more reliable.

Good spot Murphy, and thanks again.
  • lorrenna
    lorrenna Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    thanks OP. £27.75 for parking in manchester between 30th may and 9th june.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure