planning my wedding in 11weeks - is it possible?!

Options
morning all

well had such a busy day yesterday and decided to bring our wedding forward bit of a long story but we had booked the wedding for ext june when we found out we were pregnant back in march (due oct 2006) but i lost our baby...we now associate the wedding we booked with having a little 'un there and cant seem to get excited for it without thinking of what ifs
so i decided to do something about it and began putting the feelers out for bringing it forward..yes it will stretch the budget as we dont have long to save but inlaws have aoffered to put towards wedding instead of hmoon..as we wont be able to go till next year, so me and OH will save for that and both parents pay towards the big day . it will be strange not having a hmoon i suppose but then again we have months to plan that ad surely thats a good thing to be planning!! plus we can go where WE wanna go rather than where inlaws think..

im waiting till office hours then going to ring the hotel for an idea on the price as i do have a budget that i must stick within and if its not possible then we would have to look at other options.

im gonna read thur the wedding tips thread for some ideas

so far i thought cake from m and s i have seen this http://www2.marksandspencer.com/foodmagazine/foodservices/food_ordering/celebration_cakes/index.shtml for the bottom tier and this http://www2.marksandspencer.com/foodmagazine/foodservices/food_ordering/celebration_cakes/index.shtml for the top tier

for the groom suits i think we will go to greenwoods who also do a 25% NUS discount (im a student nurse)
hopefully having a friends dad doing the photos, some1 filming it with dads camera
need a DJ, dress, shoes, flowers
gonna try and do own invites place names etc
mums friends BMW to drive us there

what else do i need to think about i need to book in for some dress fittings dont i and i need to get down the gym!!! photos arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Comments

• shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it is possible

My boyfriend proposed on April 9th this year and we were married on
    June 1st.

We had a small reg office ceremony and then a reception in our garden and a celebration meal in the Leicester City football club restaurant.

When i booked the meal i didn't mention the "wedding" just a meal for 40 people.

I did my own flowers and had a dress from debenhams.

Suits have to be booked a month in advance.

My mum made the cake and i decorated it.

If you cant find a venue on a saturday, do what we did and consider a weekday.

Good luck!
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with it all. I'm sure you'll get it all sorted and you'll have a fabulous day!!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    hi and thanks

the hotel have suggested a friday but my brother is comign over from belfats and has limited itme off work, as does his girlfriend who is returning to work after mat leave soon. so we thought saturday would be better and it gives them more time to book flights and hopefully they will be cheaper

im worried about the weather though as wedding WAS booked for june 30th and would have , or should have, been sunny

although my FIL says look outside its august and p*ssing it down, we are looking at 4 nov and i thought fireworks would be nice ?!
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes it is possible but you need to be willing to compromise. If you want the day of your dreams & nothing less then you will struggle. If you are happy to be marrying the man of your dreams & as long as everything else is nice & you will be happy then go for it!

One thing I personally wouldn't try & do, especially in such a short space of time, is my own invites etc. For 11 weeks time you need to get them out ASAP (like NOW) Making them can take months to do, I've known many seasoned craft-ers who have started a year in advance, spent a small fortune & still given up. Go out & buy them, they don't have to be expensive or tacky, just keep them simple!

As for the honeymoon, go nuts! You have the time so plan it with all the effort you would usually put into a wedding. Spoil yourselves 'cos the honeymoon is only for you, not everyone else!

Good luck;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    hi

yep im just happy to be getting married and having something to look forward to and take my mind and his off baies and pregnancy and loss etc we have realised we love each other very very much and the flasiest day isnt important its the being married and committed

invites, well i was gonna get cracking today and ive only got 25 to make for day do and thought might buy them for night do?

i will compromise on some things yes im not a mad bride! i just want a nice day and a good paty afterwards and then we will take our time planning a great homeymoon!!

think some ppl think were a bit mad though but the things we do on impulse always work out for the best when we try and plan something always happens ..
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, i palnned my very quickly too! And it was fun doing so!

Wishing you loads of luck xx

I had my reception at home, and at the time we didnt have a large garden as we do now, but still had 50 people invited, my friend did us a wonderful spread which we put in the living room on tables we hired, wired up the stero outside for music, and borrowed loads of chairs, everyone bought a case of beer or box of wine with them and we had a fantastic party!! Got local party shop to come and decorate garden with balloons, and had shop made cake on display it the kitchen!!
    Even borrowed a yard of ale glass from local pub, was great entertainment watch all the males trying to out do one another.

And thinking back if we had have had more money i still wouldnt change the way we did it.

Have loads of fun planning!
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    congrats and yes it can be done :)

i agree with lillibet once you have something booked (venue and registrar) get the invites out ASAP !!

also agree with weekday wedding,we got married on a friday and got a discount ;)

the most important things are

venue / registrar
    outfits to wear! lol
    catering for the reception
    photography ( which you seem to have sorted)

everything else you can take or leave

you dont have to have flowers ,could just carry a little bag or maybe have one single stem etc

you dont even have to have a cake if you didnt want / cant afford it

things like favours etc again dont bother if you are on a budget,ditto for bridesmaids etc ,just have a few close friends / relatives to play a special part on the day eg doing a reading etc

good luck with the planning :)
  • homersimpson_3
    Options
    yes it is possible to do it in 11 weeks and you seem to have covered vast majority of things- like idea of fireworks during party at night (good one).
    i would suggest you have cake- just buy a cheap one from tescos- already iced- people like to take cake home with them- one suggestion which appeared on site recently was a 'goodie bag' to keep children amused because most particularly if little do get 'bored' at weddings- just include some felts, bubbles, colouring book, little bag of sweets, little games (cheap things from pound shop/tescos/asds) etc.
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    Check out confetti.co.uk for some more advice in their cafe forum
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    and https://www.hitched.co.uk wedding planning part of the discussion forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories