We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Just got a letter..

Options
13»

Comments

• kevsan
    kevsan Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    went in....

do you have any suggestions for alternatives...

No, i've only known since wednesday, do you as my employer have any??

Can't think of any, so I guess it is inevitable... I'll send you a letter outlining what will happen next...

Great, cheers.
    2014 running challenge 471.95 km / 1000 km.
  • simonleblank
    simonleblank Posts: 369 Forumite
    Options
    I had a disciplinary last December and received a FW letter which was later withdrawn after I contested it. Come April I was made redundant. I said that following the FW letter, I had a good case for unfair dismissal. I no longer wanted to work for the company and negotiated a Compromise Agreement with very enhanced terms.
    You have to decide if you want to stay with this company, BUT make sure you get the best possible deal for you.
    Don't waste your words I don't need,
    Anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or,
    What you plan to do.
  • kevsan
    kevsan Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I have appealed and have my appeal scheduled for thursday apparently (still waiting on the letter).

Any advice on the approach I should take? I'll speak to the solicitor again beforehand, but any thoughts on questions to ask, points to make??
    2014 running challenge 471.95 km / 1000 km.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FYI, they can still make you redundant if you are off sick or on holiday. My now-former employers did this recently to a guy who had been signed-off by his Dr. He brought in a sicknote so they held him back and handed him his redundancy cheque.
    As we'ed already had our consultation period, the firm acted quite lawfully.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport