Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

May 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

May 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 April 2010 at 6:30PM in Old Style MoneySaving
812 replies 65.2K views

Replies

• tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    thankyou mumma...i got the chicken and we enjoyed it...very easy dinner...has anyone tried the perle de yogurts ? the lemon and coconut are yum and often cheap in heron shops
    bye
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • The window cleaner must have heard his name mentioned, as he turned up about ten minutes after I has posted! So spends for May are already about £40 - OH has the receipts, so I will check the exact amount tomorrow.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • SpiggleSpiggle Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    boultdj wrote: »
    Spigs I grow courgett's,chillies,pepper's + runner beans in pot's, have done for year's,alway's outside but in a sheltered part of the garden, adopt a hedgehog is the best thing 4 slug's that I'v had work 4 me:).hth See every1 in a few day's when I go shopping.

Thanks very much boultdj,

We used to have hedgehogs - loads of habitats in front and back garden - but haven't seen one for a couple of years now. It used to be really funny seeing them run around but they disappeared. Same with slowworms too. A real shame.

That's great about growing in pots, :T I just showed OH and he said right OK lets go for it! Yay :j

Thanks once again,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • Hi everyone,

have had some littles spends on milk and such like but dh took my reciepts back to Mr T to get cc points added on cos we forgot it and my reciepts were left in the car so i cant remember whats been spent. Will update sig when he comes back with them.

I do know we have bought milk, eggs and cake. I know im not doing bad though and 5 days into GC.

Im planning a shop in next few days as i want to rearrange my storecupboard as its become very unorganised so dont know whats run out or nearly run out.

Night all x
  • CleosmumCleosmum Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please could you put me down for £250 for May? Ta muchly :D :T
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 more great recipes in the front page list -

natlie's Carrot, leek and butterbean soup
    Joanie72's Pasta and sauce
    EastMidsGal's Chicken Adobo

Thanks girls :T

Another nsd for me today; I picked up a couple of things yesterday, and have a small sainsbugs delivery on tuesday - that will see me past the first half of may so hoping for a lot more nsd's. I'm still working through my stock and doing well. I'll be ok into June I think but will need a major freezer stock up then.

Welcome to our newbies and good luck everyone :j
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • ellemmellemm Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Hi all and thanks rosieben, pink winged and mrs Mc for getting us sorted for another month :T

Had nightmare with lappy being infected by Security Tool virus thingy....so not online for couple of days...thankfully sorted now and able to catch up with GC.

Have done the weekly shop tonight and spent £7.52 in A*di on some fresh stuff :j-really think I have got the hang of this after about a year :rotfl:full cupboards and freezer, nothing wasted and sticking to the list when shopping, OK there are only 2 of us but I have learnt so much from this challenge it really has become a way of life.
    Did wobble a bit passing the fresh chicken but resisted....don't need it, I'll eat up the (numerous) portions of lasagne and curry from the freezer before buying and cooking anything else.

We are away on holiday for 2 weeks from 13th so will be a cheaper month anyway and really need to deplete the freezer a bit.

OH treated himself to some rabbit at the butchers (out of his money :T) and I plan to do a slow cooker rabbit Stifado tomorrow for a change ...yum

Good luck for May everyone

• pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    I made it last month, (just by £5!)

can you put me down for £120 again please
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • giengien Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Hello, another newbie lurker here. The budget is tight at the moment and I must be more frugal or we'll get into trouble.

We live in an expensive bit of the world but I am sure I must be able to reduce the bills a bit. So I'd like to have 800 francs for May please.

Spent 52f yesterday and the shops are shut today and tomorrow.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• JayJay14JayJay14 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning all,

I am please to announce that I have had 2 NSDs out of the three days of my month so far. Any spending today will be unplanned so I need to keep an eye on myself.

Lots of food in the house so may only need F&V for the weekend, but will be in A$da tomorrow so will probably leave it until then.

Hope eveyone has a good bank holiday.