never, EVER, pay

can you do this?

i mean, instead of just taking this as far as to "get credit at 0%" and use it your own way, maybe you can at the end of the term --> 0% balance transfer for 12months, then another ---> 0% balance transfer and do this until you die

is it possible :S

marko

Replies

• dmg24dmg24
    33.9K Posts
    Forumite
    It is likely that at some point you would no longer be able to get a 0% offer. Even if you could, the debt would then be claimed against your estate.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Only if you can can continue to get 0% credit cards for the required amount, and you will obviously be paying the minimum payment.

If you read another thread on here there is a poster who assumed he would be able to do this, his line of 0% credit has now run out and he is stuck with 150 pounds of interest payments each month. Its a risky business
  • but if you believe you will not live long, it is ok? say you are ill?
  • this guy, who is it? i would happily strike a deal with them...
    to reduce their interest paymeents dramatically...
    i would balance transfer to their card
    and they can pay me back at a much lower rate...
    who is this guy seriously get in touch, please!
  • i dont have an estate lol
  • dmg24dmg24
    33.9K Posts
    Forumite
    but if you believe you will not live long, it is ok? say you are ill?

Do you intend to die soon?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • im saying if i am close to the end, cos i am old/ill

not now, but if it comes to this

then should i do this
    i.e. how many years can you get away with a 0% shift

i.e. if i am in my last 10 years, could i do it that long?
  • edited 26 April 2010 at 10:45AM
    CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    edited 26 April 2010 at 10:45AM
    Not really relevant for stoozing, because the definition is that whatever money you get through the 0% deals is offset by the money being in your bank/savings accounts anyway - or at least some alternative method of repaying the debt :)

It also depends on how much you're talking about - if it's £1000 and you only have a single card at 0% at any one time, then it maybe possible. If you've got 3 or 4 cards on the go at the same time then no, you won't get 10 years out of it. Most stoozers saw their stooze pots drop to very low levels last year.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • anyone got any betting tips
    please im desperate i NEED more money...
  • CannyJockCannyJock Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Sell stuff or second job - if gambling was an easy way to sort your finances everyone would be doing it ;)
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals