We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies
Comments
-
P.S. found Poundland had the best price £4.00 for a 1.3kg bottle which I bought at my local shop using my Chase banking app which give me a rebate of 4p on my purchase so got a HUGE bottle for £3.96, As I don't eat it myself its basically for my DGS snacks when they visit it should last a good while, although Jack does really love ketchup with almost anything


JackieO xx9 -
Pleased for the youngsters who have found jobs to help out with their finances! It saves having to ask family for help and encourages them to be more independent 😊2026 Fashion on the ration
Anorak = 11 coupons... total 11 used/66
Light anorak = 9 coupons...total used 20/66
3 t-shirts = 12 coupons...32/66
Sandals = 5 coupons...37/66 used7 -
We have also had a bumper crop this year with our summer raspberries. Lots in the freezer, ready to make delicious raspberry ice-cream or apple and raspberry pie. Also, had enough for our breakfast each morning. Some days we get to choose from blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.Slinky said:Our raspberry canes are chucking out just under a pound of fruit a day at the moment, we're eating lots, giving some away and freezing some too. Saving loads of money on the daily fruit we'd normally eat with the breakfast Greek yogurt.2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
2025 Frugal challenge11 -
I must confess, although we both love French beans, and you certainly can't buy them in any supermarket of the excellent quality we've been harvesting from the garden this year, it's getting nice to have a meal which doesn't actually contain any! The freezer is stuffed with them and I'd happily swap for a few of those blueberries and raspberries!12
-
Primrose, my neighbour has a pear tree but doesn't eat pears. I have a gooseberry bush but not keen on gooseberries so we do a trade. I give my neighbour a third of my gooseberry crop plus a jar of h/made gooseberry jam and I get access to all of the pears that I can stuff into my fridge / freezer. Have you got another keen gardener near by / or someone with a fruit tree that you can do a trade with?2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
2025 Frugal challenge13 -
An even cheaper way (if you had access to a kettle!) would have been take your own flask of hot water. That's what I used to do on the ferry.Gem-gem said:Ferry wanted to charge £3.50 for a hot chocolate so I ordered a cup of hot water, which cost a £1 and mixed in a 35p hot chocolate sachet. A saving of £2.15 😀
One the return journey, we order two cups of water, git charged a £1, DH then made his tea with a tea bag and milk from the hotel. A saving of ££2.15 plus £2.00 totalling: £4.15 😀
or if you are taking your car you can get a kettle which plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. £11 on Ebay
Also think sachets from Aldi work out cheaper- 8 for 99 pence. Or take a jar of drinking chocolate!
Ah, you stayed in a hotel so you could have heated water for your flask there!
I always took a travel kettle with me across Europe (not the teeny one) as lots of B&Bs had a plug but no kettle... I even remember heating frankfurters & peas in a German water heater! okay... a fair few years ago......Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
-Stash bust:in 2022:337
Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24bags,43dogcoats, 2scrunchies, 10mitts, 6 bootees, 8spec cases, 2 A6notebooks, 59cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones,1 blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420total spend £5.Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82
2024:Sewn:59Doggy ds,52pyramids,18 bags,6spec cases,6lav.bags.
Knits:6covers,4hats,10mitts,2 bootees.
Crotchet:61angels, 229cards=453 £158.55profit!!!
2025 3dduvets9 -
Does anybody on here know if you can save the beans in French bean pods for drying for soup? I do save some for seed for next season,s planting but the heatwave has caused so many of my French beans to swell so much in the pods so quickly they,re not fit for eating. I don,t want to waste the actual beans though if they can be dried & saved for soup but they,re obviously not haricot beans whixh are "proper" soup beans.6
-
As we have WiFi calling on our phones, we have just cancelled our home line. I must admit that it does feel strange not having a telephone on the mantle piece or in the office.2025 Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
2025 Frugal challenge8 -
We cancelled ours last year and just have the mobile phones - seemed strange for a few months but I like the savings and now I dont even think about the landline lol!Gem-gem said:As we have WiFi calling on our phones, we have just cancelled our home line. I must admit that it does feel strange not having a telephone on the mantle piece or in the office.
7 -
I need a landline for broadband to use on our pcs.5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
