PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

Options

Comments

• balabooberlies
    Options
    Pip.......

Wow !

bala

x
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • gettingthrifty
    Options
    Pip  very helpful information.
    I too battle hard water , its my stiff laundry that drives me mad the most.! Ive just dipped into this thread having seen your post you may have already covered it. Any advice please?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    vinegar to use as a rinse ai and borax in the drum.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • gettingthrifty
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions re: hard water
    Pip wow! Just tried the kettle thing result!! Waiting for it to cool before i decant it to a jar and reuse as you recommend
    Taff will add that idea for future experiments. Im working through several .I hate that the lovely new xmas socks are stiff already
    Goldfinches thanks for suggestion ..already do that and am experimenting with the amounts i use.
  • thriftylynny
    Options
    Great idea Pip , i want to try this ..do i use white vinegar ? Also like the idea of keeping hot water in the flask thing rather than keep boiling kettle, tried it but it seems to go a bit luke warm in my thermos , is it the flask ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback