We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

1…288289291293294…349

Comments

  • ladyholly said:
    I think I solved the expense of hair a while ago. I haven’t had a hair cut in over a year and only then because one of my sons and wife gave me a voucher for a cut and blow dry at a local hairdresser for Mother’s Day. Prior to that it was over a year since I had a haircut. Needless to say I have long hair.  I wash and condition twice a week and let it dry naturally. I tend to wear a low ponytail but I always wanted to be an old lady with a bun (Mrs Pepperpot was my icon). I haven’t quite mastered the bun but I stood behind a lady in the PO (pre lockdown) one day who definitely had and she looked very elegant. Before my ‘free’ cut and blow my dil said I should get my fringe cut back in (hint hint). I didn’t but I know she was right and so post lockdown I will have a trim and a fringe. I can trim it for a while between cuts. Long hair is much easier to manage than short. I don’t worry if I’m caught in the rain, my hairstyle stays the same and isn’t ruined.  I don’t colour my hair either but although I’m 68 I haven’t gone grey yet. Doing nothing to your hair is free. I just wish I could master that bun.
    I am 67 and much the same but I havent have my hair cut in about 5years. I have been thinking of having it cut though because I am finding it hard to hold my arms up to get it into the pony tail due to a health problem. I dont really want to because I am stingy and hate going to the hairdressers anyway so I will see how i go. I would love to have a bun, french pleat or similar but it will be beyond me. Shame because the do look really elegant. I am going quite grey but as a former ginger it now looks more strawberry blonde or am i kidding myself?

    I hate wasting money but a regular haircut is one thing that is very necessary (for me). I have 12th April marked in my diary :)
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

    So much to read, so little time.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.