edited 14 May 2019 at 10:52AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 1.2M views
1280281282283284286»

Replies

• KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I need water for the garden I use the run off before washing up, combi boiler so it's hot quickly but not instantly. 

If really desperate I pop a bucket into the shower to catch the water while it's warming up, pop it out as I get in then when I'm done put it back to catch the "clearing" water before it switches off. 
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hand sanitiser. 
    Most shops have some to use but still like a little bottle in handbags. 
    I have some bought BC Before Coronavirus, they are now very expensive.
    Cheaper to buy a larger quantity (we got 500ml on eBay for a decent price) and decant into little bottles when empty.

Same with Vaseline. I always bought the Lip Therapy tins until I realised how much it costs, over £5 per 100g.
    Now buy a 250ml tub from Savers for under £2, wash out tins when empty and refill. 
  • Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    quoia said:
    KxMx said:
    When I need water for the garden I use the run off before washing up, combi boiler so it's hot quickly but not instantly. 

If really desperate I pop a bucket into the shower to catch the water while it's warming up, pop it out as I get in then when I'm done put it back to catch the "clearing" water before it switches off. 

If you had a really big bucket, like one of those 2 handled flexible garden tubs, you could stand in it whilst showering and collect even more water :grin:
    You jest but I might just do that. Water is a precious resource.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.
  • gt568gt568 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    quoia said:
    KxMx said:

If you had a really big bucket, like one of those 2 handled flexible garden tubs, you could stand in it whilst showering and collect even more water :grin:
    You jest but I might just do that. Water is a precious resource.

Get a water butt as well if you don't already.
    :silenced: Down with the signature fascists!!:naughty: