PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

Options

Comments

• Wombatchops
    Options
    Sneaky ways to save the pennies or a compulsive money saver?

I presented my voucher in the opticians today (Vision Express)for free eye test and money off glasses. Voucher was sent in the post.
    Then waves my Nector card about.

The guy was ... well I don't know!
    Asked = you are not one of those people we see on the tv that are voucher kings/queens?
    I laughed and Husband shouted "YES". She is always on the computer.
    i had to admit, I do save alot with my coupons.

Well why shouldn't you?

Would you mind answering the following questions? How long does it take you? Where do you search? And do you print the coupons or use a smart phone?

I ask because I'd like to do this, but I don't have a smart phone, so would need printable coupons. But I also have very little time. I work four full days per week, have a five-year-old, an eighteen-month-old, and am 28 weeks pregnant. Exhausted doesn't even cover how I feel. So I have very little time to scour for vouchers.
    2016 MFW no. 47 £0/£3,000
    MFiT T4 no 26 Start bal £149,294, Current bal £149,294, Target bal £134,294
    Make £2,016 in 2016 £1180.55
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Wombachops, thank you for your reply.
    How long - a little time every day
    Whare - Mse have a coupon page, you could begin there.
    I print coupons and some times get them sent in the post.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    This might seem obvious,but recently I have started buying frozen veg where possible.I have always bought frozen spinach,and have started to buy frozen green beans and peas.They're not going to go off,and are a better nutritional value than fresh.

I reckon that that's a money saving habit.I've also bought frozen plums and apricots.
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marmite, where do you buy frozen plums and apricots?
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • good_advice
    Options
    Frozen veg is a good idea.
    I have a drawer in my freezer for the frozen veg.
    I have some runner beans I froze from our garden.

One loaf and some rolls in freezer = saves on spending high in the local shop when we run out.
  • KONG
    KONG Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    You are most welcome. I saw 1 converse left out today. If I find a one legged person hopping about on the other one I will know why. :rotfl:

Maybe we should start a thread called: Find & Sell.:money:

Anyway, I will post when I find and sell something good!:T
    "Sealed Pot Challenge" Member No. 938
    "Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2011" Member No. 7
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    kboss2010 wrote: »

Sorry to disappoint you,but I don't live in the UK.
    Frozen veg is a good idea.
    I have a drawer in my freezer for the frozen veg.
    I have some runner beans I froze from our garden.

One loaf and some rolls in freezer = saves on spending high in the local shop when we run out.

Why didn't I think of this before?
    I've now got frozen broccoli,spinach,peas,green beans and mange-tout.
  • good_advice
    Options
    Marm - I also buy lots of fresh fruit and veg.
    I like to look for the reduced fresh first and then add what we need from the full price to my trolley.
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kboss2010 wrote: »

I freeze plums after Ive picked them, washed them and dried them. I freeze them whole for james and puddings.

xxp00
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not been around for a while so here goes.
    Fleeces - bought 2 for a fiver a while ago as the colours suited my sitting room but they were SO thin, so I just blanket stitched the two together with some thickish wool & its so warm!
    Fruit & Veg
    If your leftover fresh veg is unused put it in a container with a small amount of water & heat to boiling point. Drain & open freeze when cold & then pack in polybag for future use. No waste!
    When I was working full time I always used frozen veg during the week & fresh at weekends. I still keep a good stock of frozen veg & now anything surplus in the garden is microwaved & frozen in small batches.
    Ive also part prepared fruit for jam - just to the stage before you add sugar & then frozen the whole batch 'cos I didn't have room for all the jars! Just defrost, add the sugar & make the jam when its convenient to you.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure