MSE Parents Club Part 12

Options

Comments

• cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you!!

ok so the manchester hotel list is down to novotel, ramada or garden hotel not sure which one yet any advice?

the tickets are about to be booked :D they are only £53 return so im over the moon with that!
    leave 3pm arrive 7.30pm
    return 4.16pm arrive 8.26pm
    What's for you won't go past you
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    tried to see where people deleted, but it doesn't look too bad. I only did the absolute worst of mine, which were tame compared to some! :p
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Tomorrow, we're going swimming at a private pool our friends have been hiring :D

Elle, do you have any idea how much this costs? I've found that there is a private pool for hire in northern Manc (close to Heaton Park), but I can't get any idea of price and I don't want to phone up and look stupid!

:hello: from 2-teeth Andrew to 2-teeth Rhys :D
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 July 2010 at 12:34PM
    Options
    Heaton park Map

Right, are we meeting at the lakeside cafe, next to the boating lake? So those of us driving are best to use lake car park:)

Caz...Yay, for booking tickets:D Who is having your kids?
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Caz

The Gardens is the nearest to the station and poss the easiest to find. Only a few minutes walk. The others aren't too far but bit more complicated. All are town centre ish for food etc. Gardens is right next to Market St for some shopping on Wed am :D

Can't comment on the hotels themselves cos never stayed in them. Are the prices all similar?
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I'm at the end of my tether.

My five year old has been dry in the night for at least 6 months. For the last three weeks, he's been wet at least once per night. We limit his drinks to none after 4pm, he goes to bed around 6.30-7pm and we get him up to put him on the toilet at around 11.30, he normally goes for a wee.

Even doing this he is still wet once or sometimes twice a night. We've tried reward charts and bribery but nothing is working. We don't make a fuss when he's wet, just change him. Has anyone else had this with their kids? I don't get why he was dry for so long and now he's not.
    OK, I would check there's no underlying cause for the wetting first, DD1 has had a lot of trouble with recurrent water infections and they cause repeated wetting so maybe pop a sample in at the Drs and ask them to check?

Also, 4pm is quite early to be restricting drinks, especially in this heat... If you restrict water it can make urine more concentrate and iritate the bladder, also things such as artificial sweeteners and blackcurrant can irritate the bladder too. I would stick with just water drinks and maybe limit them after say 5:30/6pm.

You're doing the right thing keeping things calm while you clean him up, there's no point making a big fuss of it... Sometimes they go through these phases...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2010 at 12:09PM
    Options
    Tigs -which pool are you looking at?

ETA My baby girl has now been asleep for 2hrs and ten mins. This is unheard of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    tried to see where people deleted, but it doesn't look too bad. I only did the absolute worst of mine, which were tame compared to some! :p
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    JAM1376 wrote: »
    Caz

The Gardens is the nearest to the station and poss the easiest to find. Only a few minutes walk. The others aren't too far but bit more complicated. All are town centre ish for food etc. Gardens is right next to Market St for some shopping on Wed am :D

Can't comment on the hotels themselves cos never stayed in them. Are the prices all similar?

Thanks Jam! they are all around £60 and have good reviews! some of the more expensive hotels had awful reviews lol!

im determind to have everything booked today! do you know if there would be a shop/supermarket open close by as i would need to buy milk for Erins bottle and dont think it would be safe to take it! i could always email hotel and plead lol!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options

Which festival is hubby going to, SJ?

Sorry I posted and went off for breakfast! He's now at BeatHerder
    aless02 wrote: »

Still a few posts being duplicated though!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure