We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…11461147114911511152…1488

Comments

  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Aww Mel, you sound really under the weather hun, you need (((huggles))).

    No Glam, not naughty, exactly what I'd be thinking. X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks Tara:)

    Oh and I did a similar thing before my wedding, I forgot to only wear strapless tops and ended up with strap marks, but as we got married in Cyprus and were there a week before the wedding they all but vanished:D You should be fine.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Hello :) I just thought I'd pop in to say hello and see how everyone is.

    I haven't had much time to keep up with things like this recently, my mother in law is back in hospital for a 2nd lot of chemo (she spent several months there and had only been home about a week before she went back in) and I'm not sure what will happen long term. My Nan had a mini stroke and spent 3 weeks in a different hospital, so we've been juggling visiting them. I've still got problems with my neighbour, so spend most my week at my parents house when not out doing other things!

    I hope everyone's ok :)

    Keely and Elliot.x
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Tara yes that will be lovely. We were on the opposite side of the island but the north is meant to be fab.

    DH is now working tonight so that makes up for not working tomorrow. He still hasn't got a new friday night gig :(
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    big hugs Mel. Do you think it will be better once bubs arrives?

    Tara - If I had seen it I would have applied! The downside is it would add 20-30 minutes onto my journey BUT I would ask to do 35 hours and do 8am-3.30pm so I'd miss lots of traffic and have more time with J than I do now. BUT with the drop in hours it would only be £1.5K more than I'm on BUT I'd be at the bottom of the pay band so potential to earn more (am halfway up current one and once you hit the top you get no more increments).

    Lots of BUTS and I can't believe I've worked it all out - I've got a feeling the only reason it was advertised internally for such a short period is because they have someone in mind. *rollseyes*

    Don't get me wrong, I like my new job but I'm in a huge office which is really cliquey and I don't think I'm going to get much support from the people above me. :(
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    What does he do SJ?
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Working in an office and lots of women just don't go together, I hated it. But I love the front of house stuff.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    big hugs Mel. Do you think it will be better once bubs arrives?

    Tara - If I had seen it I would have applied! The downside is it would add 20-30 minutes onto my journey BUT I would ask to do 35 hours and do 8am-3.30pm so I'd miss lots of traffic and have more time with J than I do now. BUT with the drop in hours it would only be £1.5K more than I'm on BUT I'd be at the bottom of the pay band so potential to earn more (am halfway up current one and once you hit the top you get no more increments).

    Lots of BUTS and I can't believe I've worked it all out - I've got a feeling the only reason it was advertised internally for such a short period is because they have someone in mind. *rollseyes*

    Don't get me wrong, I like my new job but I'm in a huge office which is really cliquey and I don't think I'm going to get much support from the people above me. :(

    £1.5k is an ok pay rise for a similar job working fewer hours! Hope the other person is rubbish and they offer it to you instead :)

    ETA He's a DJ, Tara
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    big hugs Mel. Do you think it will be better once bubs arrives?

    Tara - If I had seen it I would have applied! The downside is it would add 20-30 minutes onto my journey BUT I would ask to do 35 hours and do 8am-3.30pm so I'd miss lots of traffic and have more time with J than I do now. BUT with the drop in hours it would only be £1.5K more than I'm on BUT I'd be at the bottom of the pay band so potential to earn more (am halfway up current one and once you hit the top you get no more increments).

    Lots of BUTS and I can't believe I've worked it all out - I've got a feeling the only reason it was advertised internally for such a short period is because they have someone in mind. *rollseyes*

    Don't get me wrong, I like my new job but I'm in a huge office which is really cliquey and I don't think I'm going to get much support from the people above me. :(

    I hope so Glam:cool:

    Fingers crossed that they don't get the job...shame you didn't see it before hand, but like you say, maybe they have someone in mind.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    hi keely i saw on fb ... hope everything goes ok ((hugs)) to you and your family x
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.