Free £9.50 Lonely Planet iPhone city guide apps

edited 22 April 2010 at 1:30PM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
40 replies 86.3K views
124»

Replies

• burntbaconburntbacon Forumite
    9 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Quite a good freebie, just did a search on lonely planet and it gave me all the freebies first, I have managed to get all the above plus Vancouver but I couldn't see LA for free.
    By the way a tip: Get all the apps at home and download them through the wireless network (assuming you have one!) Leave them downloading all night cause they are quite large files!

Hi - there isn't an LA one I can find, but the one just called Lonely Planet Travel Guides and comes with a San Francisco Guide plus a spanish/mexican phrasebook, all free! It only says this once you click on the Lonely Planet Travel Guides icon, and I can't guarantee it will work, as I have downloaded all of these a month before I can get a free iPhone through Orange! It was free, though, so it's worth a try.

Cheers

Mark
  • burntbacon wrote: »
    Hi - there isn't an LA one I can find, but the one just called Lonely Planet Travel Guides and comes with a San Francisco Guide plus a spanish/mexican phrasebook, all free! It only says this once you click on the Lonely Planet Travel Guides icon, and I can't guarantee it will work, as I have downloaded all of these a month before I can get a free iPhone through Orange! It was free, though, so it's worth a try.

Cheers

Mark
    Sorry how did you get the SF one and phrasebook? Clicked on Free LP guide but didn't see anything about this. I know you said you didn't guarantee it.
  • Thanks for that, of to Berlin next week......ash permitting!
  • Richardw.

There is a Volcanic Ash app but only for nokias I'm afraid! Check out the ovi store if interested!
  • OwlishOwlish Forumite
    46 Posts
    Excellent - thank you!
  • sac0jkesac0jke Forumite
    11 Posts
    Just noticed (when searching for lonely planet but stupidly typing Time Out (my usual travel guide book)) that the Time Out guides to London and NYC are available free on the App store too.
  • liptonlipton Forumite
    66 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    great find, cheers!
    Penny-Pincher
  • Help! It's saying i don't have authorisation on my computer to sync them with my iphone.... i'm a bit of a new user... any ideas? :-)
  • Adem_3Adem_3 Forumite
    42 Posts
    KLowry wrote: »
    Help! It's saying i don't have authorisation on my computer to sync them with my iphone.... i'm a bit of a new user... any ideas? :-)

If memory serves me right, in iTunes click on Store>Authorise Computer and you will then be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. You can have your Apple ID associated with upto 5 computers.

Hope this helps.
  • alisontalisont Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying browsing these - have downloaded them on my ipod touch - they do seem big files - anyone know if I link my i touch to my computer can I delete them off the i touch and get them back there later on? I downloaded straight from the ap store not via my computer.

Am thinking of going to Rome in July so great to read the guide:T
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Virgin Media & O2 launch Volt

Aims to boost mobile data & broadband speeds

MSE News

Cheap pet insurance

Top comparisons & hot deals

MSE Guides