Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• rainbowfizz21
    Options
    Bluefire wrote: »
    2.5lb loss this week, which got me my 1st 7lb award and slimmer of the week! Well chuffed. Whether I'll keep it off when/if I go on my holiday to Turkey to next week is another question entirely!

Well done :T and enjoy your holiday! :D
    Start weight - 13st 6lbs
    First goal weight - 11st 13lbs

Current weight - 12st 6lbs
  • rainbowfizz21
    Options
    karen23 wrote: »
    Not a good day for me. Found out at 7am this morning that my dear Daddy has Lymphoma and now have an upset tummy, presumably due to the chip I pinched off my son on Saturday which had been inside a bread roll. So feeling completely rubbish and shocked to say the least but have managed to stay on plan today. Suddenly losing weight doesn't seem so important right now :(

Sorry to hear this :(

Thinking of you and your family x
    Start weight - 13st 6lbs

• 2Papillons
    2Papillons Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    I just joined Slimming World last night. So...am just looking through all their books and 'syns' etc!!
    Looking forward to sharing here..very impressed with some of those weight losses!!
    Did really well last year..nothing yet for 2011!! I live in hope!!! Thanks to all postersxx:wave:
  • HopePray
    HopePray Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone tell me about the muller/porridge? I cant quite get my head around what you do with it.
    Many thanks.
    Love your Mum, you'll never get another one when she's gone.
  • epatolles
    epatolles Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    uh have had a suprise meal out pulled on me and have already had LOADS to eat today :-( 2morro I'm having omelette and soup lol!!
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2010 at 1:44PM
    Options
    My 3rd weigh in tomorrow - don't think I'm going to lose as it's my monthlies week. Stayed bang on target even when I've had the raving munchies, ate my way through the fruit basket single handedly this week I think but at least resisted the chocolates/crisps urge. Really annoyed as haven't craved any junk for 2 weeks and then this tries to throw a spanner in the works. My home scales (naughty I peeked) say I stayed the same so am just hoping I have and that it will show a good loss next week.

That recipe site is brilliant waterfalls, found so much I want to have a try at on there last night :P And I was telling OH about the mushy pea curry someone mentioned on the last thread and he practically started drooling on the spot so will definitely try that one too!
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • rainbowfizz21
    Options
    JenIttels wrote: »
    Just made and sampled this. Can never wait for these things to cool properly and I undercooked it slightly but it was really good - the best SW cake-like cake I've had! Found it needed the aero cream though since I don't like my chocolate quite so bitter!

ETS: Probably this is one of those recipes you need to be a bit careful over - 6 eggs is a lot in one sitting if you can eat the whole cake!

I'm definitely going to try this and maybe it would be good served with some yogurt to sweeten it? That way no syns needed for the cream????? :cool:
    Start weight - 13st 6lbs

• recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have started SW for the umpteenth time today as I am now the heaviest I have EVER been and I am desperate to get some weight off before the summer. I have been approved for Weight Loss Surgery but I am terrified of having the operation and so this is my final attempt to lose weight in a sensible manner before I give in and say yes to surgery. I have joined online because I am too embarrassed to go to a class because I am so big and it is just too much for me at the moment to get up the courage to go. My biggest problem is that I love things like tuna pasta and rice salad and I know that alot of you have things like that but how do you make the dressing? Today I made some tuna pasta with peas, sweetcorn, cucumber, peppers, carrots and onions in and I made the dressing by mixing about 3tbs of Hellmanns extra light mayo with a dollop of fromage frais and about 3 tbs of Heinz extra light salad cream. That made enough for two servings and I reckon that the syns for each portion is 3 - is that right? Also is it true that you can have 1 syn for every stone you weigh?

Karen23 - so sorry to read about your Dad.

One final question about the chocolate cake. The last time I went to a class the consultant kept going on about "food abuse" and it drove me nuts. By her rules that cake would be "food abuse" because she said that you were meant to have whole foods and not mess about trying to make cakes and such like. What is the SW position on it, does anyone know?
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know the official line Jane but my consultant actively encourages us to make stuff and has a big folder of recipes on the desk. That sounds a bit odd to me what your consultant said but I am a newbie so may be completely wrong.

Thinking about it - surely they wouldn't have all those recipes in the mag if that was the case?
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    First WI last night and I lost 5 lbs :D:j:D

I am so happy, as on the way there I was feeling very deflated about the fact I had around 3 stone to lose and was thinking it would never all come off. But now I feel really focused, and happy at the fact that I'm at least doing something about it. I did have a wee treat afterwards though:silenced: but feel no guilt whatsoever, and woke up this morning and got straight back on track. So todays menu (EE) is:

B: 2 x weetabix (HEB), skimmed milk (1/2 HEA), chopped banana, cinammon
    L: Tinned tuna with sweetcorn and cucumber (wasn't feeling very hungry)
    D: Smoked cod, SW wedges, carrots, green beans, cauliflower and 1/2 packet of Schwarz parsley sauce (2.5 syns) made using the other 1/2 of my HEA.

Snacks have been strawberries and grapes today. I also had one of the Belvita biscuits (3 syns) with a cup of tea, very yummy and worth the syns to me. I'll also probably have a lemon Hi-Fi bar after my dinner tonight (5.5).
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport