Previous purchases preLBM - are you (secretly)pleased you have it

Options
Ok I feel a bit guilty putting this on but today I have been working on my dissertation and listening to my iPod and secretly so thankful I have it. I bought it last summer on my credit card :o 6 months before I addressed our debt and I would certainly not have bought it now. So is there anyone else like me with things they bought they would not have got now?
Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T

Comments

• Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    Options
    I have a lot of memories that I'm pleased I have. I will still be paying off my last Florida holiday in 2008, I don't regret going.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• lazy&indebt
    lazy&indebt Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Dude, I wish I had something to SHOW for my debt! let alone being pleased I have it :D
    Was debt free... then went travelling!
  • Cantdance_2
    Cantdance_2 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yes, definitely my iPod (60GB) - I sold all my CDs so it's my only way now of listening to the 10,000 songs I used to own...!

Also my HDD DVD recorder which I use now to record any and all films in the middle of the night which saves me renting DVDs...

My Laptop, my PC, my large American style fridge with ice and filtered water dispenser, my surround sound system...

No idea how I ended up in debt...!

LOL
    Total Debt: Owe about £19,000 on credit cards plus £24,000 which is my half of joint loans.
  • overbudget
    overbudget Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Most of our debt is down to house renovations - and yes - I am soooo happy we have the house and have done the work - it is a haven now. Will cut out everything else before we give up this place!
    Highest Debt (July 06): £55117.79 Debt now: £52895.44 Debt Free Date: June 2010
  • shopsalot
    shopsalot Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    I have my car - i certainly wouldnt have signed up to buy it pre LBM! Also (and I know this is shallow) it hides that fact to everyone else that I am in such trouble - saves a bit of face!

After a long day a work knowing i wont see much of the proceeds - its nice to drive home in :)
    DFW Nerd 156 :hello:
    April Grocery Challenge £31.38/£200
  • linniestorm
    linniestorm Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cantdance wrote:
    Oh yes, definitely my iPod (60GB) - I sold all my CDs so it's my only way now of listening to the 10,000 songs I used to own...!
    LOL

Same here! They will have to prise my ipod out of my cold rigor mortised hands (should it last as long as me, hopefully!)

I also think I did really well not to upgrade to a video one (which of course I couldn't wait for when I went and bought my 30GB Photo ipod, but I found it hard to resist when it finally came out! But I'm a listener not a watcher, so I've made myself forget about it!)
    1st LBM (Pre-Career Change): 01 March 2006 Debt Free Date: 28 April 2008 | Worst Debt: £7244.36

2nd LBM: 10 December 2019 Current Debt £25,322 [April 2020] | Worst Debt: £27,444
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    My iPod, my laptop, my holidays!!! Laptop definitely keeps me sane and introduced me to MSE so don't regret buying it for a minute!! And my iPod keeps me amused on walks and jogs (free!!)
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Our telly... LCD Samsung 32" HD... Got the BEST deal (still think it is - it was from costco so the 3 year warrenty means if it's not repairable we get the FULL amount back even in the last week of the warrenty)

My car... MX5 (1994) - my first ever decent car. And oddly so far the cheapest to run! :eek:
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a lovely set of car mats! :D

Oh and an alright car to put them in! :p
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Cantdance wrote:
    My Laptop, my PC, my large American style fridge with ice and filtered water dispenser, my surround sound system...

No idea how I ended up in debt...!

LOL

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks for that, made me laugh after horrible day! :beer:
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family