Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Kk, yes thanks although too much wine again last night :o

Took dh and ds2 to see game night game at the cinema this morning and have just ordered us all pizza to eat while watching a film, seriously lazy.

I got a lovely plant from ds1 and some flowers and chocolates from ds2, hopefully I'll see later dd later after work.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Lots of plotting tonight, I've realised the £210 I put by monthly for the kids big birthdays, Xmas and the cruise will not be enough at the time I need to use it.

The new plan is to make no op's in July and bung £210 extra off the balance every other month until the end date, it won't change the end date and should make everything a bit simpler :)

So a "budget" of £2714

Birthday money left to spend :

£140 ds1

£229 ds 2

£285 Dd

£1200 Xmas budget

£357 cruise balance

£300 cruise/hotel spending money

£203 surplus for birthday meal /BBQ/cake - this may be tight!

Due to having to order replacement birth certificates £33 (lost by ds1) to then apply for passports this week for the boys £££ , along with my boozy birthday treats, it's been a very expensive month so far!

Current budget left £117.60 plus birthday cash which I'm trying to cling on to :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :eek: to budget and spending this month, NG. :rotfl:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »

Current budget left £117.60
    Knowing you, that's probably meant to last the year :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • newgirly
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: and we are away to york tomorrow overnight, so that needs paying for, oh plus tickets for Dd's uni event Thursday £5.50 each.

I knew march would be a tricky one :D

Plans to survive are:

Not going shopping today with mum and aunt (too much to sort at home anyway as I spent Mother's Day watching films and stuffing pizza -before I checked the accounts clearly or it would have been homemade! :o)

Raid freezer and do meal plans

Defrost Xmas day leftovers for dhs dinner, I wouldn't fancy it to be honest, but put in a casserole he will never know :p

Do an online mr t order as I've £5 in club card vouchers and a £6 off £60 coupon.

Don't drink like I have been lately

Buy sack of onions from farm shop and maybe some cabbage or whatever's cheap

Empty the pig and feed change to the self service machines in Tesco - keeping a low profile if possible unlike last time when I was told off :D

Use costa card points

Bake - bread, cakes, tea loaf

Slow down flower buying! Sounds bonkers but this year I've been getting three bunches a week (from Aldi ) and it's really been a treat, for the rest of march I'll stick to a bunch of daffs a week though.

That's all I can think of so far.
  • newgirly
    Options
    We are in a lovely hotel in york, unfortunately the cleaning and dressing of the flat is a no go as lot is still not done. I've found a few new Harry Potter themed shops in the shambles so have had to spend (already budgetted for) on long slitheryn socks and butterbeer for dds birthday :beer:

Nice lunch in the most haunted pub and off for a curry and cocktails tonight, good job I'm back at the gym Thursday. :o
  • newgirly
    Options
    Back home, we managed to get a few bits done in the flat --building beds and drawers etc. Plus the builders wife is a cleaner and would be interested in looking after it. I'm quite excited about going to stay now as the flat in nicer and much nearer to the shops than I expected- 10 mins to the centre? this is a good thing as I'm not sure how often my parents will use it really! I shall try to get their money's worth :D

Back to the gym today :eek: planning on easing in with a half hour gym then half hours swim, then off to the shops. Busy day again as it's Dd's music event she's organised as part of her course in shoreditch tonight, fingers crossed for plenty of visitors :)
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck for your daughter, hope all runs smoothly. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,916 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The flat sounds like it's in a great location :)

Hope DD's event went well last night, she's a very impressive young woman from what you say about her on here - very mature and determined.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    Options
    Thanks Alex :)

Vix that's a very kind thing to say! Last night was really successful :T lots more tickets sold on the door -it was at the looking glass cocktail bar in shoreditch, they had artists and graffiti artists working away plus a few different singers/rappers etc. It went really well. One of the others in the team came over to ask if we were dds parents and said she is amazing and had done most of the work for it.

Not an mse night though, £10 a glass of "house red" looked on the menu and it was £7, next round ordered scotch and Coke -he said which one so I asked for the cheapest and was given a 10 year old malt £11.45, last round they charged a £4 service charge when I bought a bottle of wine to share, put on on the bar and he barman took it away - I had to ask where it was! Normally I would have not accepted any of this but I was not going to do anything on dds big night! Grrrr.....

The plus side is the more the bar took the cheaper the venue costs them.

Followed all this with bags of chips on the way home :eek: had to get up early today and go for a swim to work some of it off :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback