🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely suitcase.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a fun week so far, I managed to get through the snow to work but missed my shopping day with best friend as all her kids schools were shut - not fair, it should be the other way round! :rotfl:

It's use the credit card again day today :T just filled up the car £65.20 spent. Bought some Easter eggs on offer in Tesco last night and have so far eaten two :eek: I shall get dh to take he rest to work for safe keeping - very bad as I have been really good all week on the diet up until now :(

Ds2 is out for the 2nd night in a row, this time a gig in north London, he needed picking up last night as would you believe it was really cold when he got off the train :D it might have to be dh's job as I am kicking off the birthday celebrations with some prosecco tonight :beer:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    LOL at the Easter eggs.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi shs, the real crime was one was a creme egg and I'm not that keen on those :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,955 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Hi shs, the real crime was one was a creme egg and I'm not that keen on those :rotfl:

I think the real crime is not liking creme eggs! :eek::rotfl:
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So impressed with your Feb figures MG. I also get tempted by the Easter Eggs so holding off buying mine as I know they won't last!
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm with Vix. Creme eggs are (or at least the old style used to be) delicious. :D

Well done on the February figures, good luck on MFP.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks cookie, mine are in the log cabin and I'm too lazy to go out in the cold :D

I had a nice birthday yesterday, a pub lunch with my parents, dh and all of the kids which is a rare thing, followed by a curry in the evening.

Off out again today, shopping centre trip as pandora are doing free earrings over a certain spend so I'm getting dds Disney stuff for her 21st , I've been hanging on for a free gift and googling when they happen for months now :money:
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    That’s why I’m not planning to stock up on Easter eggs, it would be far too much temptation.

Happy birthday for yesterday :beer:
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you seen that image of how much sugar there is in a creme egg?

Happy birthday for yesterday new girly, glad you had a good day.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure