Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: well it's pleather not leather if that's any better :money:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whoop whoop! Smaller skinny jeans and size 12 jacket - slinky ng! :) x

Bad Moms isn't bad - it's probably the kind of film to see with a group of women, I guess. Bit heavy on the swearing at times but funny overall :) Mila thingy is very pretty :)

Yeay to payday! A week to wait for it here and we are rather skint!

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • nanny_beach
    Options
    hello newgirly, read the first pots, in 2012, you were paying £60 a month for your water and £140 a month for your gas/electric that is HUGE
  • newgirly
    Options
    I may well go and see it greent, Harry Potter The prisoner of Azkaban this weekend :D

H nanny beach, my water gas and electric are around the same now, we are not on a meter so it's fixed water charges (could never go on a meter until we have got rid of the kids :eek:) long showers plus a hot tub don't help! As for the electric it's high as there seems to always be somebody at home with lots switched on, I don't use a dryer or have the heating on much- basically it's all the kids fault :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    £36.27 left until 1st October, I did put 2x £2 coins in my piggy though :) 8 days to string it out!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Mortgage payment made :j £2,580.52 this month, balance now £60,282.52 can't wait for next month to be in the £50's :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    Good night out last night, didn't bet any money but had lots of wine :D

Still in bed wishing I had a teasmaid at the moment as the kitchen is too far away :rotfl:

Saturday plans are:

Do all washing

Clean house

Wrap mums birthday present

Perhaps go to cinema with dh later when he finishes work

Use up fridge veg and make curry or something else

Bake a loaf

Make a tea loaf and perhaps hob nobs
  • Muser1
    Muser1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Mortgage payment made :j £2,580.52 this month, balance now £60,282.52 can't wait for next month to be in the £50's :D

That's incredible well done you :T
    Mortgage Jan 13 99260.00 87253 April 2017
    Emergency fund 700.00
  • newgirly
    Options
    My list was too optimistic today after having wine last night :o

So far have cooked:

Bread

Cinnamon tea loaf

Hob nobs

4x veggie lasagnes

2x fish pies

Coconut and peanut granola

Plus:

Did four loads of washing

Sat around being lazy a while watching last nights strictly :D

Off to see Ben hur in half an hour - dhs choice !
  • newgirly
    Options
    The most annoying cinema trip EVER, it was in one of the tiny studio screens with just 4 rows so you can almost touch the screen, someone was in our seats so we sat elsewhere, then the woman behind us was talking and the man next door but one ate popcorn noisily while his wife played with her phone. :mad:

Anyway, it's not long until October and time for an end of year challenge :D The one I have done most often is £1000 grocery budget from 1st oct to new year. Current budget for everything is £615 pm, I am having a bit of trouble sticking to that :o

If we host Xmas it won't be enough, however I do have m and s vouchers of £200 on the way whch can be used for Xmas so I won't worry about that element of things.

I think £1000 for food, alcohol, pet stuff , toiletries etc. Is a good target, if I can stick to it then it will free up a bit for the odd Xmas nights out or treats. Also a lower budget night help keep me away from the booze as I want to lose more weight, the savings should be quite good!

I am tempted to do an overall lower budget target, of say £500 pm, not sure if this would be realistic as after petrol it would not leave much, I might think that one over.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback