Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cinema again - the girl on the train 8.5/10 not bad!

Most of my to do list is completed except the hoovering, I will do it tomorrow. Shocking really it's only done once or twice a week as my mum must Hoover three times a day , I think I have rebelled :rotfl:

I currently have a huge basket pending online at mr t but I've decided to not pay for it. It's lazy as I've not yet rummaged through the freezer and done a meal plan so I really shouldn't be shopping. Lots of the blogs I read seem to be doing no spend October so I may as well try and join in except for essentials (not wine then!) frugal October would help pay for a less frugal December :beer:

The Baileys never went to mums house, it's sitting unopened in the kitchen and I really fancy some, just googled the calories to put me off its 3280 per bottle :eek: now about to google the dress I want to buy for Xmas instead - need to stay strong.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • thegirlintheattic
    Options
    Newgirly - I was on the old system so don't know what it's like now but I took the maximum loan as I was told it doesn't really count as a debt and it's the cheapest one you'll ever get. Some of the extra money was used to enjoy myself but a big chunk paid for my education after uni and to furnish my first place. It's nice to have at a relatively low cost.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi thanks for popping by and commenting, it's always good to hear opinions from those with experience :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can't help re. travel / student loans.

Not everyone likes to live in a town and would rather the "inconveniences" of rural living.

As for how others manage their finances, that is something you can't do anything about.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • newgirly
    Options
    I understand not everyone wants to live in a town , but the Inlaws still do. Having seen gran on her own in a big house it is does bother me that they can't be as independent in that situation and we are further away. However it is their choice!

Nice crisp day today, I shall be wearing my new real sheepskin boots from Costco (£16!) the are so good I may get a second pair in tan or brown before they sell out.

Freezer clearing going ok, yesterday after complaints about "why do we have to have Sunday roast" from ds2, I did Piri Piri chicken with the roast spuds and veg , however there were only two pieces so dh had ......fish cakes with his :o no complaints though! Tonight leftover gammon Stew and homemade bread, pasta pesto the boys and soup for me.

£14.48 payable from tcb today.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    T3sco may send you a voucher since you've filled your basket and not checked out. Fingers crossed!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    That would be nice!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry, I'd misread your post about the in-laws. As you know my parents are getting on in years; they have a cleaning lady who also does laundry, a gardener and if needed one day will have a live-in carer (plus any other help needed). I go there a lot to give them some company too.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • newgirly
    Options
    You parents are lucky to have you Alex :)

No cinema tonight, I forced ds2 to watch the da Vinci code instead as the new one is out next week and he has to take me :D

Good night last night, cancer charity fundraiser with the girls at the local Indian restaurant (about 1 minute walk away :T) nice food and lots of red wine :beer:

Big food spend :eek: £102 in mr t and only one bottle of wine! It was all shower gel, oven cleaner, mop heads ect. Not even enough proper food, oops!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Back on the diet bandwagon this week, lost a tiny bit more but still a long way to go. It seems much harder to lose weight than when I tried about 8 years ago, must be my age!

Last time I lost 21lb in 55 days, I still want to shed 22lb and there are 73 days until Christmas, not sure if it's possible but I'm giving it a go. I seem to find it easier not doing it gradually, and having mainly soups ,salad and fruit.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback