Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've drawn out £60 for this week out as I'd already borrowed £40 from it for food :eek:

It's the awards do tonight where dh is up for 3x business awards, I told him to take his assistant manager but he managed to get a couple of extra tickets yesterday so I can go too :T

I seem to have no spare time at all at the moment, I need to organise my life a lot better, today I'll try and blitz the house and do all the washing and beds and hang out , but things just keep piling up at the moment I seem to be at work or talking about work and all the problems etc. with dh in the evenings. I might even start a daily to do list and try and regain a bit of control, it would be nice to reclaim the weekends rather than spend them catching up with stuff not done in the week.

Hope everyone is ok , I have been rubbish at popping into diaries lately :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better?
  • newgirly
    Options
    Yes thanks alchemilla, much better today after a great night last night. Dh won businessman of the year in our london borough :j

It was a massive shock as the other nominees were so good! He had to go and do a speech and collect his award from Anton du Beke up on stage, I still can't believe it :D (managed to sneak a few photos with Anton myself after :p)

A really good night and such a boost after many years of stress especially the last year.

On a less glamorous note, today I shall be doing the housework and having a friend over for lunch.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    How wonderful. Well done mr newgirly.☆★☆★☆★☆★★
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks alchemilla :)

My iPad is being very naughty and stopped working , I've spent hours online trying to reboot it and it's just come on for the first time, fingers crossed it doesn't die again, I love it soooo much!

Not much to report this weekend, still in budget after a mini shop to mr t (had to buy a mop head and aldi don't sell them ) I got lots of reduced bakery treads for the kids.

I've Cooked a big batch of veggie pasta for work this week , it will have to go in the freezer so I'm not sure how that will taste afterwards, we are out for lunch at the inlaws for lunch so a nsd except petrol.

After reading Elaine at mortgage free in three's blog I've been inspired to make some plans for the summer hols for days out with the kids. They don't actually want to do this but I'm going to force them :D

Ideas so far :

Visit the (doctor) who shop and museum in upton park @£3

Eat drink and bowl for kids @£5.95

Orange weds film -£17 ish plus mc d's £15

Big leisure pool with flumes an hour away £22 plus petrol

Thorpe park (birthday treat) - me plus 6 kids , 5x free tickets from when we got stuck on the flume plus £48 for two extras , plus we have a free fast pass for 5.(ds2 won't go on swarm anyway) Plus lunch for the kids at the pizza place £60 and petrol.

Day trip to Southend theme park- free tickets with club card plus petrol and chips £20 ish.

I'm also going to take dd to the cinema Friday on her birthday while the boys are at school, but we will go to the £4 cinema as although you risk getting pelted with popcorn by teenagers as there are not many staff , in her words it's £4 mum why waste money - atta girl :beer:

If I can I'm cancelling my week off in the holidays and taking one day a week off for five weeks so I can be around a bit more, it should work out to at least one good day out a week, the rest of the time I am sure they will be playing the Xbox or in bed!
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Adventure Island. Know it well. If you are there in the evening you can have a free laugh at all the boy racers driving down the sea front to show off their neons.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What goes into your veggie pasta? :)
  • newgirly
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Adventure Island. Know it well. If you are there in the evening you can have a free laugh at all the boy racers driving down the sea front to show off their neons.

Indeed!:rotfl:

Hi ed, my pasta is a Chuck it all in before it goes off job, peppers,courgettes,aubergine,onion and a whole bag of 10p spinach plus Brown pasta passata and herbs.

My ipad has died :( techie little brother has had a good look and its bad news. At the moment I'm trying out dad's new.kindle fire (ds2 has one but it's attached to him most of the time) it's ok but very small. Not.sure what to do without it , does a broken ipad warrant raiding an emergency fund? It feels like an.emergency :rotfl:
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no, grim news about the iPad, can it be resuscitated?
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi Lulabelle, im pretty sure its useless, dad has spent a while trying to fix as well and he is great at that type of stuff.Im now on an old laptop that wont let me do paragraphs or use smileys, its getting very frustrating and will be even more annoying to read back!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback