Current balances:

HSBC CC £595
    Virgin 0%CC £2645
    Santander0%CC £2732.11
    Total £5972.11 :mad:

Debt at LMB Nov 08= £6814.
    Current debt £5972.11
    -£841.89 :mad: :mad:

Really annoyed with myself for going backwards by this much. This time last year I was -£2k, and now look what I've done :mad: I've added £1158 back on.
    Need more angry faces :mad::mad::mad:

So I will be moving forward in September. I am doing the 'make £5 a day in September' challenge, so that should free some money up to throw at it. Combining that with the 1 debt vs 100 days challenge I'm hoping that, at least will be gone by the beginning of December.
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 November 2010 at 12:40PM
    Options
    laura2481 wrote: »
    Current balances:

HSBC CC £595
    Virgin 0%CC £2645
    Santander0%CC £2732.11
    Total £5972.11 :mad:

Current debt £5972.11
    -£841.89 :mad: :mad:

Really annoyed with myself for going backwards by this much. This time last year I was -£2k, and now look what I've done :mad: I've added £1158 back on.
    Need more angry faces :mad::mad::mad:

So I will be moving forward in September. I am doing the 'make £5 a day in September' challenge, so that should free some money up to throw at it. Combining that with the 1 debt vs 100 days challenge I'm hoping that, at least will be gone by the beginning of December.

Oh oh, I feel more angry faces coming on :mad::mad::mad: I am so annoyed with myself.

HSBC CC £879.88
    Virgin 0%CC £2595
    Santander0%CC £2551.19
    Ant £120
    Total £6146.07 :mad:

Current debt £6146.07
    -£667.93

• laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, I'm in a mess again.

Not 100% back where I started, but heading there. I'm not sure where I'm going to get money to pay for christmas, and long term, I'm not sure where I'm going to get money for getting clothes for honeymoon (I'd wear what I have, only I don't have much 'summer holiday clothes' as we have never actually been on holiday in the 10 years we've been together and I've been loosing weight so what I do have doesn't fit :( ) and although we are going all inclusive we will need a bit of spending money...

Was considering getting a loan so can pay off credit cards and have a bit 'spare' to cover all this stuff. But then I will be paying about £40 more per month in repayments and i would be tied in for 5 years. That, and I do have 0% on the santander and the virgin card, and the virgin card is at least until march, and the santander to august I think... so it would be a shame to waste the 0%.

I can't see anyway to get through next few months with out increasing my debt one way or the other..
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just done the snowball calculator and it has come out at 5 years and 3 months to clear my debts snowballing and costing £1722 interest. A loan is looking more tempting now.. still 5 years, but one payment. And some 'spare' to cover the next few expensive months...
  • tasha-debt
    Options
    Laura you need to think long an hard about a loan.

Can you look at extra ways of earning money, ebay, 2nd job, over-time, baby sitting etc? Cut back on the xmas shopping this year, use things on the grabbit board (example a calendar from Bonus print that you add your own photos to is only P&P £1.99 if you use the code freecal2), debenhams have a huge 25% tons at the moment so just buy a few token presents (are you still making the soaps, great presents...... what have you asked for for wedding presents, if its cash you can use that for honey moon spends maybe..........

Ask people to get you vouchers for Xmas to your fave clothes shop so you can hold on to them and buy summer clothes when they come in to the shops............

I took 2 consolodations loans, just got me in a bigger mess............

I’m back and more determined than ever!!!!!
  • laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Tasha, but I've already gone and done it :o

If it all goes through the money will be in my account in 3 hours and I can get everyone paid off. I've had enough of having all these sperate payments, i've done ebay, i don't know anyone with kids to babysit and xmas is alway 'difficult' as my OH is xmas mad and always overspends even though i try and budget, and i tell him but it doesn't make a difference. *sigh* So if it all goes through the credit cards are going to be paid off and SHUT DOWN. All of them, and the 'leftover' money is going in my savings account and will be spent sparingly so that it can also be my 'pay loan off early' account. I think I've done whats right for me. I have thought about it a long time (years!) and have juggled and juggled to try to keep it seperate but I'm tired, and there's stuff happening at work.. and i need simple right now. :o
  • tasha-debt
    Options
    If you have thought about it, then it is the right desicion for you. You can still work to pay the loan off early.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tasha-debt wrote: »
    If you have thought about it, then it is the right desicion for you. You can still work to pay the loan off early.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    That's the plan :)I just found out that I don't actually start repayments for 2 months, I think. If it all goes through ok. Which it should as I was preapproved for £20k (:eek:) and I only want £7.5k. This means there will be a little more spare and I maybe able to afford to do an ECDL course at a local college. My CV needs a little love, especially with the climate at work at the moment.:o
  • tasha-debt
    Options
    I did the ECDL course 5 years ago, if your pretty good with computers (and I know you are) yuo can at some coleges just sit the tests and get your certificate. It was quite an easy course........ would you ever like to a become a full optician (for some reason I think your a senior technician!!! if im worng sorry x) because if you could that would be a very good investment in your future.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• laura2481
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tasha-debt wrote: »
    I did the ECDL course 5 years ago, if your pretty good with computers (and I know you are) yuo can at some coleges just sit the tests and get your certificate. It was quite an easy course........ would you ever like to a become a full optician (for some reason I think your a senior technician!!! if im worng sorry x) because if you could that would be a very good investment in your future.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    There is nowhere in the area that just does testing which is a real pain as you can get all the course information online for a fraction of the cost at college but i just can't get the tests done. Very frustrating
    I am a dispensing optician, rather than an optometrist (used to be called ophthalmic optician) The thing about optoms is they can test eyes, do contact lens fittings/checks etc but 90% of them know nothing about dispensing glasses, lenses that sort of thing. The analogy I like to use is 'we are like what the pharmasist is to the doctor' They do the prescription, we make up the glasses IYSWIM. I couldn't be an optom. It would be another 2-3 years at uni to convert, and all the student loans to go with that which, of course, are now looking set to rocket and besides, it would mean being shut in a small, dark room with all the crazy, smelly and horrible rude people. At least out on the shop floor you can move away from these people! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure