Time to be realistic - another LBM

Options

Comments

• anonymoose_3
    Options
    When we were saving for the house OH did me a spending spreadsheet (he's a nearly qualified accountant) I asked him to do me another and he can't even remember he did one before, his head is full of exams so I'll let him off this time.

What your bro does sounds like a really good idea, I wish I could do something like that.

Glad to hear your neck is better :D and that you had a good night last night :D

x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Moose your OH sounds like a clever wonderful guy (says a studying accountant!! ;))

SHWA - My eldest brother (tho younger than me!) is GREAT with money. He started working in a restaurant at the age of 15 and had £10000 saved by the time he was 18!!! Put me to shame though i don't know how i would have been in a different circumstance. I was brought up not to spend if i didn't have the money however meeting my OH who was heavily in debt it was a necessityat the time though i know i could have sorted it well before this!!

My brother at the moment is saving for a house with his partner. They live with her mum and pay no rent. He is a chef and she is a waitress and at the moment they are only living off their share of tips at work and are saving ALL of their wages! So saving around £1500+ a month!!!!! Jealous!! :D At 22 he is doing pretty well!

Well done with going back to the gym again!
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hey SHWA,

How you doing today?

I don't have any brothers but a little sis and big sis - they are both FAR better with money than I and always have been. I was the kind of girl who got her pocket money and then ran to the shops to spend it - explains a lot :o My little sis went travelling, totalled a lot debt and in a year cleared the debts and saved 10k to go travelling again - having said that she had an OH who at the time owened his own business so the money was good ;) She is now currently in New Zealand living it up after just being to Australia and Thailand for the 3rd time...jealous!!!!!

Anyways, we're all here on these boards for a reason and we will all be debt free and living our dreams soon enought......won't we?!!! :p

Xx
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes we will choc!!!!! :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hi just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey! Hope your neck improves soon
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • anonymoose_3
    anonymoose_3 Posts: 617 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2010 at 8:31PM
    Options
    littlekel wrote: »
    Moose your OH sounds like a clever wonderful guy (says a studying accountant!! ;))
    He's in the final stages of CIMA, got 3 exams in May and then if passes all 3 one more at the end of the year.
    Good luck with it Kel :D

My little bro used to be really sensible with his money saving all his paper round money up, but then he joined the navy and he always seems to be out spending money & has soooo many designer clothes. Wonder what happened to him:rotfl:Spose it's all his own money though :D which makes him loads better than me.
    When I was younger money was quite tight so I think when I got earning and access to cards and loans I was maybe making up for something, but lb didn't really see that side of things with him being 6 years younger by the time he wanted things M&D could afford them.

Anyway SHWA I'm sort of psycho-analysing my spending on your thread, sorry:o

moose xx
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • so_here_we_are
    Options

Morning Gang

Thanks for all poping by you do cheer me up no end, moose analyse away it makes good reading. :D

Hi Savingholmes - glad you poped by, the neck i think is an ongoing thing but i can live with :)

Poor! Poor! Poor! it’s so not fair to be this poor after payday. Anyway my new shinny spend account hasn’t quite gone to plan the pin has only just arrived so i haven’t been able to use it till now so as of today I am officially officially using/having a spending account. It has funds and everything so excited to be using a shinny new account (or hopefully not using in the terms of NSD’s). I am also going into the Scalifax to talk to them Re sorting/ closing the account. – May postpone that till nxt week.
    I have also set up a saving standing order so i can try and saving to pay off – if that make sense, so it will go in/out without me having anything to do with it.

Was at home over the weekend again with my younger bro and he is so organised it is again sooo not fair.:o

I have used this “not fair” quote a few times in this posted and it is for a reason – its only not fair because that is how I have made it – my fault no one else’s but i am working towards sorting my life out.

Must take a leaf out of my bros book and just stop spending – simple obviously......:p

I have also discovered that i am not sure i can make my lunches cheaper than buying them – (I know it is possible but this is me we talking about) When i make my own I like to make them nice – I have salad with ham or tuna or something but i worked it out that this comes with the meat it works out to just over £10. I could go to asda and buy 5 sandwiches and a 6 pack of crisps for £5.60. Now what is that all about.
    I spent £30 in sainsbos over the weekend I'm shocked:eek:

Perhaps that could be my challenge for next week – as this week is not a full week.

Perhaps my challenge for this week could be to spend no money for the rest of the week.......will let you know on that.

I have also just joined the 1 debt vs 100 days – see how we get on, I ‘m hoping for £2000 – savings and OD, that will be a miracle but we can try.

Must do some work now....

SHWA

Got to get a grip got to get a grip got to get a grip;)
    1vs 100 £50
    5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
    20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
    Not long now
    :)
  • so_here_we_are
    so_here_we_are Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options

Twice in one day, there’s either something in the water or I am almost back on the wagon.:)

I’ve been quite ponderous today. Back in October I changed banks and vowed to start over and get things sorted well today I have gone through that account to see where all my money has gone since I opened the account, and well shock of all shocks (well it was a surprise but not a shock exactly). I added up all the money i used on my card at the likes of Mr T’s/S’s/A’s etc and well it can to almost £1800, that’s almost £300 a month on food/drink shopping, what the..........:eek:

If I wasn’t determined before I certainly am now that has got to come down

Goes off muttering.......

SHWA

Tomorrow is a new day:o
    1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing some good thinking SHWA!!! Definitely on the right track!! :j:j:j
    Orange Fairy

• so_here_we_are
    Options
    Morning All,

Hi Littlekel – I’m defiantly trying.

I left my purse at home this morning and I shall do that for the next few days at least and nxt week and everyday till i get a grip – even if i get the spending shakes I will leave it at home it’s the safest option – its shocking isn’t it, I can’t trust myself to not spend without having to leave my purse at home...ponder, ponder, ponder....

Happy Dayz:)

SHWA

1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing