Time to be realistic - another LBM

Options

Comments

• OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hope you feel a bit better soon.I keep bouncing on and off with colds and the like...been like it for a few weeks.

Looking forward to you coming back up! :D
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• so_here_we_are
    Options
    You know I just poped out on lunch and while i was waiting at the crossing a funeral car went passed with a coffin in the back and you know what it got me thinking.
    I could be having a worse day. A lot worse day/ week for that matter, I should be using this time I have better. So things are rubbish but that is only down to me and I can do and need to do something about that while I have the chance.

Do you think we ever really learn from our mistakes I mean it is so easy to full back into old habits especially when times get tough/hard or down. The easy option, the simplist way out. The credit when its there, why do we not get taught to manage our money and that if you be good now it will pay off in the future and why does everything have to be now, everything always seems to come at once.

But maybe you have to go through the downtimes to realise what you have to do to get to and maintain the goodtimes.

So things could be worse and I am grateful for what I have and this is me going to sort my life out once and for all......
    1vs 100 £50
    5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
    20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
    Not long now
    :)
  • anonymoose_3
    Options
    :wave: shwa

Hope you're feeling better today :)

I think we do learn from our mistakes it just depends on the person how quickly we learn :)
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think we do learn from our mistakes.

I agree with you about things could be worse etc. When i see people i know going through certain things it make you wonder why i feel i have a right to moan about my life. Debts are not the worst thing in the world....may take a bit of hard work for a while but that is it. :o
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• so_here_we_are
    Options
    Morning All

I haven’t been on here for a while as life is and well to cut a long story short, I hurt my neck and so have had to have treatment for that and well life is starting to return back to normality, it just means that my budget last month went out the window as i had to pay for private treatment – well worth it though.

Have been back to the gym this morning as well for the 1st time in 8 weeks, will try and go again this week, hope maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

Have also received new bank a/c details for my spending account, so i know what’s what and how much i have and how much i have left J and leave the bill account to just be, so I’m almost ready for the new month, fingers crossed.

Hope all is well

SHWA
    1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your neck - hope you are well on the mend now though. Well done on the gym session, always makes you feel better after a bit of exercise :)

Hopefully you can start next month afresh! Have a good day x
  • anonymoose_3
    Options
    Are you feeling better now? :)

Spending accounts are brilliant imho :D

Have a good day shwa x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    anonymoose wrote: »
    Are you feeling better now? :)

Spending accounts are brilliant imho :D

Have a good day shwa x

Think I may need to consider a spending account - maybe that's where I go wrong?!:o
  • OrangeFairy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ditto choc. I am gonig to see how may goes as actually in spril i have a nice bit left over and have paid out a lot. If May doesn't go to plan i think a spending diary is a great idea for me to try!

SHWA- I hope your neck is okay now. What a horrible month you have had!!

Hooray to getting back on track in May!! :j
    Orange Fairy

• so_here_we_are
    Options
    Hello Choc, Moose and LittleKel:wave:

Sorry I didn’t get back on yesterday, I just never made it, got home, had visitors, had tea, got into bed, night gone (good though).

Thanks for the wishes, the neck is better thank you I have another appointment on Thursday, but all should be well and I have managed to get back to the gym, did another mile on the treadmill – trying not to go too mad though.:)

Payday tomorrow and I seriously got to not spend anything again – same old same old but I do, my boss has made me a spending spreadsheet which i hope to use a lot. In out etc. I even have my budget ready to go – gotta stick to it, gotta stick to it.

My younger brother must have got the sensible genes as i was talking to him and he never lets his account go below a certain amount and once it gets near that’s it, no more spending, why am i not like that.......goes off muttering to herself......:o

No other news to report today other than a NSD may try get another one of those tomorrow. (I have never been able to not spend on payday – what’s that all about.

SHWA:wave:

PS I hope to love my spend A/C, in the not spending sort of way ;)
    1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts