Time to be realistic - another LBM

Options
Time to be realistic.

Well I’m not quite sure where to start. I have typed and deleted this opening sentence and nothing quite seemed right.
I had a diary on here before and did really well but I am impossible impatient and obsessively a drifter – I obsess about something for a while lose interest and then obsess about something else, then go back to where I was a week ago. Well this has got to stop. I need in no uncertain terms to get a life.
I have an amazing other half and we are having some work done to the house so I am very reluctant to cancel cards/OD’s just in case I need it but once the work is done everything must be sorted.

I have been reading through some of the diaries and they are brilliant. So inspiring.

I have got to get focused I just seem to be drifting through life.

So I have 2 jobs, which I like but they are not what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I can’t afford to change those just yet.

Here’s the sums. I have an OD £455.47, loan (which finishes in December ) 2771.16 and a 0%CC of 2000.00. I also want 10k in savings in the not too distant future so the plan is to have wiped out all of the above and made a start on the 10k but December.
Now if I want to get this done, (the loan takes care of itself as I can’t make over payments) I have to make sure I pay £272.83 every month to the CC and the OD, so by the end of May the OD should be gone.

This is all well and good but if I get stressed, bored and upset this all goes out the window, :mad:please keep an eye on me.;)

SHWA

Also I shall be using this diary as a spend diary, updated every day of spends ETC.

Oh yeah, I have £20 in my ISA so that’s 9980 to go:p
1vs 100 £50
5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
Not long now
:)

Comments

• anonymoose_3
    Options
    :wave: I saw you'd started a diary on choc's so I thought I'd take a peak :) *subscribes*

Good luck with your plan, having a diary should help you. I've found mine to be really helpful.

moose x

M
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

Just popping by to wish you lots of luck - i'll be popping back to see if you are on track and not as you say 'drifting' :rotfl:x
  • so_here_we_are
    Options
    I have just unsubscribed to my own diary lol:rotfl: Good start (clicked the wrong button).

Had to have a spend day today as I wasn't very MSE this morning and had to buy some bits for lunch and a few other bits.
    Total spend £3.88.

Hi Choc and Moose

I have just read through both your diar's from start to finish and I love them both and I have subscribe, you do seem very focused.

Also Moose shock of all shocks, can't quite believe it but it would appear we share the same birthday. :eek: Spooooky

Talk again soon

SHWA
    1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
  • anonymoose_3
    Options
    I spent £71 y'day if it makes you feel any better? :(

Oooh were you nearly an April fool too?:rotfl: Hope you had a great day!! x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - LBM Mar 2010

Start weight [STRIKE]11 st 8.5lbs[/STRIKE] now 10st 3lb
    £2 savers No.99 - £68 July No Spend Days 7/8

A&L [STRIKE]£202 [/STRIKE]£152 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3882.89[/STRIKE] £3817.74 :mad:
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck.......subscribing!

Will look forward to congratulating you on being debt free in december :D
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• so_here_we_are
    Options
    Afternoon All

Hi Littlekel – thanks for popping by.
    Moose - £71 does make me feel a little bit better (shame there is no more money in my bank account though lol).

Still a bit grumpy this morning but I think its cause I’m tired. And I was in the pub(second job) last night and there was some twits in last night and 1 ended up being sick, his mates cleaned it up and got him out but it’s like I don’t need this S8!t and if these become regulars I’m out of there.
    Also I have set myself a date, this time next year I’m all done with pub finances permitting – but then finances are all down to me if I don’t spend and sort my life out I can give it up and then look to train as something, not sure what yet.

Today I am hoping for a no spend day, and hopefully tomorrow, if i can russell (sp? I know that’s not right but the brains stuck) something up for my lunch????? Not much food in and I’m not going (hopefully) shopping till the weekend. I shall take to the tins sure there should be something in the house.

On a positive note I do feel more in control and I know I am only in day 2 so I should be in control, wait till day 16.... Then we shall she where we stand.

Day 16 that will be 1 day after pay day J

Oh and another thing, I have some stuff I need to ebay and well I can’t find my camera and well I took all the photos on my iphone (love it) and well I can’t get the photos from itunes/my pictures onto ebay so I am going to have to hunt my camera out and get cracking – probably at the weekend as life is hectic at the moment.

I can do this I can do this I can do this

SHWA
    1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
  • LittleMissKitty
    Options
    Hi Choc and Moose
    SHWA

Hi SHWA. I'm obviously hungry as the above greeting has got me thinking about Chocolate mousse......

Thought I'd pop by and say Hi and good luck. I do the obsessive drifting thing too. It's really hard when you're totally convinced that 'x' is the most important thing in the world and then the next week it's like it never existed! I find keeping an MSE diary really helps with the focus though and I've managed to stay obsessed with moneysaving for a good two months so far so it can be done!

Good luck!

Kitty x
    [STRIKE]DFD 22/7/14[/STRIKE]:o:cry:
    OD £1200 ~ CC1 £1875 ~ CC2 £1275 ~ Tesco £4757 ~ Creation £235 ~ FIL £25750
    DEBT @ 28/03/2018 = £35092
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Hi SHWA. I'm obviously hungry as the above greeting has got me thinking about Chocolate mousse......

Kitty x

:rotfl:you've got me thinking about it too now! :rotfl:

SHWA - hope your day has gone ok. Good luck finding the camera!
  • so_here_we_are
    Options
    Afternoon All

Well the camera I think is officially lost (well I haven't really started looking for it yet as I haven't been in my house for more than sleeping and getting ready to go out to work. :o

Chocolate Moose, how yum, yum yummy, wasn't intentional but I might keep it :).

I knew there was a reason for my downess and tiredness other that the reality check and well I have woken up this morning with a ear ache headache and a sort throats so not the happiest bunny today, can't believe it. I was gonna have a NSD today as well but I need druggs, my ear is killing me. :mad: I hate being ill grrrrrrr

Anyway plodding on may see how I go.

Talk to you all soon

SHWA

PS: I promise to be abit happier as soon as I have got my act together and got rid of whatever it is I have got in the ear/throat :)

For every down you have to come back up at somepoint :D
    1vs 100 £50
    Not long now
  • Choc-addict
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors