Budget Planner Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• thestub
    Options
    It is a shame that it doesn't work in Open Office.

What does the sheet actually do, beyond normal spread-sheeting stuff?

I may dust off my copy of MS Office and make an Open Office version. After all - a totally free office suit...it doesn't get more money saving than that ;)
  • whobiggs
    Options
    lillford wrote:
    Is it possible to unprotect the work sheet. I know that it is protected to ensure that it works correctly however I would like to modify the titles of some of the catagories and add a few of my own.
    I too am wanting to modify and personalise my own budget planner, is it possible? Or do we have to write our own from scratch?
  • Darryl
    Darryl Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    lillford wrote:
    Is it possible to unprotect the work sheet. I know that it is protected to ensure that it works correctly however I would like to modify the titles of some of the catagories and add a few of my own.

You don't have to unprotect the worksheet. Just copy the cells that you want to use, and paste them into a new worksheet.

HTH

Darryl.
    ... Fool's Gold ...
  • sarahowen
    sarahowen Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet facility in StarOffice 7 but I can't open the Budget Planner using this.

Can anyone help me open up the planner using either a Works spreadsheet or the StarOffice one?

Thanks

Sarah
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tony_H wrote:
    This downloadable version is exclusively for MS Excel, at best it can only be viewed using alternative software. It works as it does using VBA code and as a result has to be locked to protect the code, this is an incompatability with Open Office.

Click Here to use the alternative Online Version which works in the same way.

EDITED - I hope that additional spreadsheets (for different software) will be added to the site in due course, there is another thread about this on the Techie Board and people would like to see versions for Open Office, Microsoft Works etc!!

I posted this earlier in the thread Sara. Due to the nature of the spreadsheet it won't function in anything other than Excel. The online version is identical but it cannot be saved so you need to work though & print it in one session.

Hope this helps
  • richie2
    richie2 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Okay, this is not a reply, but how on earth do you start a new thread on this page, I've looked everywhere!
    Sorry for hijacking a reply, but its a confusing forum.

Richie
  • crana999
    crana999 Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    You can't start a new thread on this page, it IS a thread. If you want to start a new thread in the Budgeting & Current Accounts forum, go to http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=20 and click "New Thread" - button on the left of the page near the top.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Like the idea of using the budget planner but although most of our bills are paid monthly around the first, we are paid every 28 days, effectively 13 times a year. Any ideas?

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to multiply your income by 13 - use the amount you normally receive every 4 weeks - and then divide the result by 12 to give you the amount you have each calendar month. Then do your budget monthly. I would then sweep some surplus into an internet savings account, eg ING. You need to know exactly what the running balance is on your current account and the precise day all your bills are paid (whether by DD, SO or debit card) so that you can check you have enough money in the account to pay the next bill or two - if you don't have enough, transfer some from the savings account.

You need to "think monthly" and forget that you are paid more often.

HTH
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just tried to download the Excel planner and I'm getting 'page unavailable' in Internet Explorer and 'no data in file' in Netscape. I've rebooted, etc, and I have the latest versions of everything. Is the site truly 'experiencing difficulties' today, or is it me? Not that I'm paranoid or anything ...
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure