We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

SF's keeping on the straight and narrow!

Options

Comments

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    It must be awesome to fly over-night! Mind, I've only ever flown to the Channel Islands in a little 40-seater type of plane, so what would I know :o
    As for your fella, would a quick stop at the duty free be acceptable, so you can get a bottle of something to celebrate your return ;)

I'm looking forward to watching your hopes & dreams come to fruition, & Thank You for letting me :grin:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moose - I've got TCP at home so when I'm back, I'll give it a whirl!

BMF - thanks for stopping by! Good tip about the duty free ;)

Just about to set off for the airport now - have to be there by half 7 so gives us just under an hour to get there and sorted :) Not looking forward to the journey, but hey ho!

I'll be back online tomorrow evening at some point no doubt :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • positivelypurple
    Options
    Another one from the NSDs thread - looks like you're heading the right direction with your goals :)

It was 32 degrees here today as well, so cloudy that I thought it might rain - no chance though this 'late' in the year.

Safe trip home.
    CC1 £5999 Total Debt March 2021 £5999
    NSDs March 1/20
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    Where are you at then +Purple, to have that kind of temperature :eek: Now if you're talking Fahrenheit, I'd understand...:rotfl:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope you have a safe flight. I like the idea of a bottle of something for yous to celebrate your return! :beer:
  • positivelypurple
    Options
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    Where are you at then +Purple, to have that kind of temperature :eek: Now if you're talking Fahrenheit, I'd understand...:rotfl:

In the Middle East at the moment ;) And it rained today! Shocking.
    CC1 £5999 Total Debt March 2021 £5999
    NSDs March 1/20
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    :hello: Jo, thanks for stopping by!
    Purple - there was a massive thunderstorm and rain shower in Kuwait yesterday - it was insane!

I am SO tired. Flight over night - stop over in Amsterdam this morning, another flight to Manchester and then a 3 hour drive home. Yawn. On the plus side, I didn't spend anything yesterday and nothing today either - so that takes me up to 13 NSDs for April :D

Got to take the car for a service tomorrow so will get some petrol and get some other bits and pieces so all my spending happens on the same day :) Hopefully then I'll be able to transfer some money over to the moving out fund! :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Just checked my online banking and have transferred a whole £2.48 into the moving out fund - every little helps! :D
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Morning all :)

I know today isn't going to be a NSD - I have dropped my car off at the garage for a service! :eek: I hope that it isn't going to be too expensive - I had to pay over £300 last month for it to pass the MOT so it better not be! But, as soon as I know how much that is going to cost me, I can work out if I can transfer any more money over to savings.

After opening my post yesterday, I've got a £15 cheque to pay it - I'm going to pay this to the house deposit fund just so that is going up a bit. I know it's hardly anything, but it'll be a good boost I think. Going to pop into town later and do that hopefully.

Have a good day!
  • curlygirl1971
    curlygirl1971 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am SO tired. Flight over night - stop over in Amsterdam this morning, another flight to Manchester and then a 3 hour drive home. Yawn.

Wow.....you are lucky you weren't due to fly in to Manchester today. I'm sat here in my office about 3 miles away from the airport eagerly awaiting sight of a Volcanic Cloud!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport