We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

One Day Debt Free

Options

Comments

• Aspiration
    Options
    Thanks, it is an evergiong battle, do you get that feeling where you think if only i hadn't spent this money my life would be comfortable and i would not be constantly thinking of not spending money to pay it off??

Find it's a positive feeling and also a battle....?
    April 2020 - £102,222 Loans/CC’s.

Jan 2022 - £0
    Cleared - £102,222

Jan 2022 - Now time to build suitable investments and a business!
  • laura237
    laura237 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah wish someone just had of told me i'd regret it so much. Really wish i could remember what i've bought.

Nice boost to see the balances reducing :)
    Tesco CC 1300/461.93/838.07
    Mini HP 13000.62/5813.62/7187
  • laura237
    Options
    Money in bank: 1065
    Bills still to pay:801
    NSD's to date Sept: 4

How things change. Last year we thought we'd get a mortgage, buy a house and live happily ever after :rotfl: in reality no one would touch us with a mortgage. After getting my credit score 2/09/09 of 300 i thought things would always be so rubbish. Debt of around 18k and no end in sight. One year later my credit score is 999 and debt is about 12k. I know credit score doesn't mean anything, but to me i can use it to compare how things have changed for me.

We are renting a house, going on holidays and living a nice little life. Ok so we would love to get saving for a deposit but its not the end of the world that our savings are zero :rotfl:Im just so amazed at how this site has actually change my life haha how dramtic. No but seriously I didn't realise how my debt would affect my life.

I try to pay as much of the cc as i can and love having to change my signature every week :Tits those little things that really do make a difference.
  • laura237
    Options
    Money in bank: 50
    Bills still to pay:0
    NSD's to date Sept: 7

So, no more bills for September :j where is the time going???? Need to start thinking about xmas. Really dont want to spend too much but need to buy a tree and decorations this year.

Halicrap cc is coming down slowly. To have it cleared by new year i would have to pay £233 off it each month. Thats going to be so hard. Need some money making ideas. Hopefully i might get an xmas bonus :j haha please please please.

Not much more to report, spending is rediculous. Need to stop the takeaways and get to asda for some food.

Goals for this week
    • Make fish pie for tea one night and my dinner the next day
    • Use the chicken in the freezer for tea and sandwiches
    • Decide what week to have off work so i can get the house tidy for santa coming :p
    • Make shopping list and sick to it.
    • Should have 3 NSD if i go shopping tonight ;)
  • laura237
    Options
    Just when i think things aren't so bad a nice hand delivered letter was waiting for me (well OH) on my return from the gym. Only his loan company wanting to know where his £655 in arrears is. :eek: my face when i read the letter!!! I cant believe how stupid he has been. His response 'Just thought they'd put the missed payments on the end of the loan' :eek::eek::eek: does he actually think this happens!!! Forget about it and it'll all go away, i dont think so. Oh god im fuming. Cant believe the man has lived 30years, he is useless!!!

Obviously his money has been going somewhere and there's only one place that you spend all your money and dont have 1 single item to show for it........gambling!!!!! :mad:im so mad at him. I had an idea as he's always skint and doesn't know where his money goes. I've asked him about it in the past and he's denied it. Im so disappointed in him.

We have 2 choices:
    1) Pay the £655 now and let him carry on the monthly payments, or
    2) Pay the £655 now and ask for a settlement figure. Im hoping it'll be about 1k.

The only way to pay this is to use the £450 left on my tesco cc :(

Money i've got in the bank so far £1644
    Bills due out October £1240
    Leaving £404
    + My pay £1100

I just cant believe it, what if we cant afford to pay the rent :( or even buy food :( I really dont want to ask anyone for help but i might have to ask my boss for a loan :(

Cant wait for October to be over with and some good news to come our way.
  • hanb
    hanb Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Laura,

I'm afraid I won't be any help in that I can't advise you on what to do, but have you popped a post on the forums elsewhere asking for people’s advice? I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here and I’m sure if you popped it up away from your diary you would get a lot of helpful responses!

I hope it all works out ok for you!!

Hannah
  • laura237
    Options
    Thanks Hannah
    Im not sure there is any advice for me. I just need to keep an eye on our spends to make sure we dont get into anymore debt. As for OH well i need him to ban himself from the websites and help him as much as i can.
  • hanb
    Options
    I just thought they might have some advice on knowcking the charges down or clearing it quicker with a F&F offer? I don't know too much about it i'm afraid i've just seen a lot of people asking similar questions over time and being told ways to get the debt down..

I won't even start on my OH and his money habits, it's ridiculous!! Apologies for the sweeping statement but men do seem a lot more reluctanct to be good with money...
  • laura237
    Options
    Men are useless with money, especially around shiny new things :rotfl:he wont speak to the loan company until Friday as he needs to build himself up to it. Can you believe that??? If it was me i'd have done it straight away but things just dont bother him, maybe its because of my job.

I cant believe how amazing the people are on this site, they know everything :) think i will post somewhere, thanks Hannah
  • hanb
    Options
    I'm the same, i'd be straight on the phone! I worry too much when it comes to money (mainly because burrying my head in the sand is why i have debt in the first place).

It's amazing how much help you can get on here, i know it's the first place i'd come with a problem! Hopefully someone know's of a way you can get the debt down or something so it won't be so much of a struggle to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport