We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help with a new Mattress.

24

Comments

  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    neilmcl wrote: »
    People post links to other sites all the time. As long as you're not connected to the site or posting in an official basis its not advertising. C'mon, show us all these quality, bargain priced, continental sized mattresses of yours.

    Please read the rules. I can't post because I'm in the trade.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Please read the rules. I can't post because I'm in the trade.
    !!!!!!, this particular forum is specifically about helping others by giving info about upcoming bargains etc, usually done by naming the retailer or providing a link. If you don't feel you can provide a link then at least name the retailers you refer to, otherwise your initial post is pretty pointless.
  • I'm not try mattressman.co.uk
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    neilmcl wrote: »
    !!!!!!, this particular forum is specifically about helping others by giving info about upcoming bargains etc, usually done by naming the retailer or providing a link. If you don't feel you can provide a link then at least name the retailers you refer to, otherwise your initial post is pretty pointless.

    Pointless or not, I'm not allowed to recommend any. I'm afraid it means doing a bit of leg work on google.
  • Phyzelda
    Phyzelda Posts: 630
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 April 2010 at 9:14AM
    neilmcl wrote: »
    But he's only looking to spend up to £200 for a double therefore his choices are limited.


    Not really. OH brought a decent mattress from Argos which was half price at £199 I believe

    There's loads on Argos website http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14418238/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|14417894/c_2/2|14417894|Mattresses|14418237/c_3/3|cat_14418237|Double+mattresses|14418238.htm
    And 15% off with MATT15 on payment page

    And to be honest it doesn't matter if the mattress is a cheap one because you could do what I did for my parents and buy a memory foam topper (they are so comfy!) I can fully recommend beddybuybuys4u on eBay. Just searched but they haven't got any at the moment though.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Phyzelda wrote: »
    Not really. OH brought a decent mattress from Argos which was half price at £199 I believe

    There's loads on Argos website http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14418238/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|14417894/c_2/2|14417894|Mattresses|14418237/c_3/3|cat_14418237|Double+mattresses|14418238.htm
    And 15% off with MATT15 on payment page

    And to be honest it doesn't matter if the mattress is a cheap one because you could do what I did for my parents and buy a memory foam topper (they are so comfy!) I can fully recommend beddybuybuys4u on eBay. Just searched but they haven't got any at the moment though.
    Please read the earlier posts. We are specifically talking about continental sized mattresses, not standard UK sizes. And imho sticking a cheap memory foam topper over a cheap mattress is no substitute in spending a bit more on a decent mattress in the first place.
  • Popped in to Ikea yesterday and they said that they no longer roll their mattresses up for delivery. Apparently due to UK fire regulations they put some kind of coating on them and this could be rubbed off if they roll packed them. Sorry for giving you the wrong information above. :embarasse

    There are sellers on ebay that do european size mattreses but obviously I have no idea what they are like.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Phyzelda wrote: »
    Not really. OH brought a decent mattress from Argos which was half price at £199 I believe

    There's loads on Argos website http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14418238/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|14417894/c_2/2|14417894|Mattresses|14418237/c_3/3|cat_14418237|Double+mattresses|14418238.htm
    And 15% off with MATT15 on payment page

    And to be honest it doesn't matter if the mattress is a cheap one because you could do what I did for my parents and buy a memory foam topper (they are so comfy!) I can fully recommend beddybuybuys4u on eBay. Just searched but they haven't got any at the moment though.

    What is important though is the reliability of the mattress. There is no point putting a topper on a mattress if the springs have collapsed (which is quite common with some of the brands that Argos sell.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Hello everyone. I really appreciate your advice. I will need to wait and get a tape meanure at the weekend and see what size my IKEA SULTAN mattress actually is. Then I will know where I can go. It just looks like a regular mattress to me and my Woolworth double fitted sheets seem to fit it fine. Am so glad I posted this now as you have really helped me.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    ct1976 wrote: »
    have a look at ukbedsonline.com, pricing is good and they are reliable.
    avoide dreams.co.uk very expensive when you get down to it!

    They don't give a satisfaction guarantee though do they?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.