We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with a new Mattress.
MCGONIS
Posts: 699 Forumite
Hello. 
I want to purchase a new mattress as my current IKEA one is now 7 years old.
Is anyone aware of any bargains to be had? Not wanting to spend much more than £200 for a double size.
I would go back to IKEA but home delivery is now £30 and for one item it makes it too expensive.
Thanks in advance.
I want to purchase a new mattress as my current IKEA one is now 7 years old.
Is anyone aware of any bargains to be had? Not wanting to spend much more than £200 for a double size.
I would go back to IKEA but home delivery is now £30 and for one item it makes it too expensive.
Thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
The Ikea ones usually come rolled up and tightly packed so you can get them in the back of your car. Might be worth popping down and looking at how they are packaged to see if you could manage it? I've squeezed a superking in the back of my Golf before!0
-
I was told that the Ikea beds are smaller than any other bed out there. So you can only get a new matteress from them?0
-
Ikea beds are bigger than regular beds so an ordinary mattress will leave a gap at the top/bottom of the frame.0
-
Oh no. I have an IKEA bed base so sounds like I can only buy the mattress from IKEA then? Thanks for the info.
0 -
-
But he's only looking to spend up to £200 for a double therefore his choices are limited.Tim_Deegan wrote: »Actually most independent manufacturers will make mattresses to Ikea sizes (continental sizes), and the quality will be far better.0 -
-
Then help him out with some links.Tim_Deegan wrote: »Not if you buy on line, and stay away from big brands they aren't.
0 -
-
People post links to other sites all the time. As long as you're not connected to the site or posting in an official basis its not advertising. C'mon, show us all these quality, bargain priced, continental sized mattresses of yours.Tim_Deegan wrote: »You know very well that I can't recommend anything on MSE as it could be viewed as advertising.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards