PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Spiggle
    Spiggle Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    :hello:Welcome Billie-jo and good luck.

Well, back from MrT and it was as damaging as I feared. Two reasons I think, one we bought bites and bits for the party that we wouldn't normally buy and two OH kindly came with me as I'm not feeling too good today. He wasn't too bad in reality, I think we do encourage each other if we shop together but nothing will get wasted so musn't grumble. And he carried the big bags of shopping which was a great help. Does anyone else tend to overfill the bags for life?

So, anyway I'll stop rambling - think I'm in shock as I don't normally go to the store we've just visited and it was hellishly busy and not a pleasant experience and reminded me why I do big shops on line.

Our overall bill came to £73.43 but that included a litre of Martini (bargain at £6.66) and a couple of bottles of wine which will not count as booze comes out of pocket money normally. Therefore my sig is updated with the spend on the rest which totalled £58.77. :eek:

We will have to be really careful for the rest of the month as we haven't been to the butchers or greengrocers yet but will probably delay those now until next week anyway. Lots of things in the cupboards and freezer so should use some of those.

Have a good evening all,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • Winchelsea
    Winchelsea Posts: 693 Forumite

wssla00

Last weekend I had to go in and feed etc DD's cat. In her rush to leave she rang me to say she hadn't had time to set up the litter tray.

When I got there that evening she had run out of cat litter! In desperation I tore old newspaper into narrow strips, then into (more or less) squares, and dumped them in the tray.

When I got back next morning, Blossom had used it successfully!

Not the ideal solution, but it saved me making the effort to go to the shop - and I didn't have to open my purse!

Winchelsea
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • winterfrost
    winterfrost Posts: 95 Forumite
    I am already over this week and for some reason have been craving chocolate! And I ate some yesterday. Normally I'm not even that keen on it! I'm sure it's just because I know I can't buy anything else until Saturday. Well, it helps that it is absolutely pouring with rain so the trek to the shop does not seem worth it...
    GC: December: £145?/£120; January: £125.70/£120; February: £163.22/£120; March £113.94/£120; April £DOOM; May £Gave up; June £DOOM; July £160.78/£108; August £7.65/£200
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010: member 780
  • CherryPie
    CherryPie Posts: 429 Forumite
    Spiggle wrote: »
    So, anyway I'll stop rambling - think I'm in shock as I don't normally go to the store we've just visited and it was hellishly busy and not a pleasant experience and reminded me why I do big shops on line.

Me too! I only went for tortillas and cheese for tonights fajita's! :eek:
    Then I remembered it's Easter this weekend (not a big fan!) and everyone is stocking up! A wee spend for me today on the 2 items above. I'll update as soon as I find the receipt?

Trying to do some decorating today, but tbh, it's not my favourite job and it's taking ages! :( I'd rather be sitting watching Emmerdale just now, but no-one else is gonna paint the walls!

Have a good evening everyone

CP x
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Well had to buy an orange for recipe and was very good just spent 30p then spotted the sensation crisps buy 1 get 2 free so got for my hubby so spent 1.79P
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening

Off to a flying start! - spent £29.73 today. However £18 of this was on Easter Eggs and may get shunted over to my "other" budget later in the month [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] if my grocery budget hits the skids.
    However, I also managed to spend a C*op £2 off £20 coupon without having to carry too much!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • Long_tall_sally
    Long_tall_sally Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Me again! Just a quick update of another £2 on some bread that OH got on his way home.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Starting with a budget of £300.00 last month was £314.00.

Finish on or around 21st April when I have done that weeks shopping.

Tesco £19.21
    Sains. £42.55
    Asda £20.08

Total £81.84
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    wssla00 wrote: »
    Cookie have you tried making your own yoghurt? I make a litre of it for about 55p?

It's lovely too :)

How does one go about making yoghurt? Sounds like something I would like!!
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    I use an easiyo http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=28616801&postcount=601 but it says you can do it just by leaving it in a warm place :) I really like doing it. I got my easiyo off of ebay for eight quid including some mixes to get me going. But you can just use milk like in this post :) it really does taste the bees knees. Take a look through that thread for some good ideas :D
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport