We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ford engine oils

13»

Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,526
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The most important thing is that my branch has it :):j

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    The most important thing is that my branch has it :):j

    :D

    It seems to be branches up North that have it at the low price.;)
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,700
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You can use any oil make/brand so long as the grade of the oil is the same.

    However I always use the recommended oil by Ford and have recently been recommended by main dealer near me to use Castrol which I intend to use on the next oil and filter change!
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    sassy-one wrote: »
    You can use any oil make/brand so long as the grade of the oil is the same.

    However I always use the recommended oil by Ford and have recently been recommended by main dealer near me to use Castrol which I intend to use on the next oil and filter change!

    Nothing wrong with Castrol, it is just over priced and over hyped. IMO.;)

    Oh and it comes in those 4 litre bottles instead of the normal 5 litre ones.
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,700
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Inactive wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Castrol, it is just over priced and over hyped. IMO.;)

    Oh and it comes in those 4 litre bottles instead of the normal 5 litre ones.



    Yes, I know this is my prblem each time.

    As I have a engine that takes 4.5 litres it means I have to buy another bottle, which sometimes is over half the cost of a 4 litre bottle :eek:

    I use it because I trust it, even at the cost it is, engine oil is one thing not to go cheap on unless you have a Skoda ;)
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did you know that Google has 168,000 hits for "Ford Formula E engine oil" ???
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    sassy-one wrote: »
    Yes, I know this is my prblem each time.

    As I have a engine that takes 4.5 litres it means I have to buy another bottle, which sometimes is over half the cost of a 4 litre bottle :eek:

    I use it because I trust it, even at the cost it is, engine oil is one thing not to go cheap on unless you have a Skoda ;)


    A Skoda is a far better car than most of the rest of the Euro junk.

    Castrol is no better than many of the less costlier oils.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.